Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Any Scale modeller?

Default Re: Any Scale modeller?

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    maxwinamp, nice ones!
    Esp the splinter scheme tomcat. Is that an aggressor bird?
    Yup, it is an aggressor scheme for a group build. The masking took me 2 weeks to complete

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum
    Hi maxwinamp,

Nice kits bro! Wonder how a 1/24 WRX in the new TP scheme looks!

Cheers!
    You mean this??

Got this from another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    I like your attitude to scale modeling! True spirit of accuracy but watch out for AMS(an@l modeler's syndrome) where you end up even disputing the accuracy of the kit due to some rivet differences.
    well, I'm not going that far , even I'm not soo keen in matching every tiny details. Color accuracy is not so important for me. But since I like photography, therefore I want my models to be as real as possible in the photograph, although it may not accurately detailed.
    See the pictures below:
    I took these pictures sometimes back, it is the train lay-out I have at home, Marklin digital system. 1/87th scale (commonly called HO scale among train modellers). These trains were not precisely detailed up to nuts and bolts, but it gives "realistic look" in the photograph, partly because of the landscaping which add to the mood. But we don't have such landscape in aeromodelling, the photograph will focus totally to the model alone, therefore I feel that the painting (and weathering) of the model is very important to achieve a "realistic look", rather than the accuracy of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwinamp
    Yup, it is an aggressor scheme for a group build. The masking took me 2 weeks to complete

You mean this??

Got this from another forum.
    Bro, yes. This is the scheme!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum
    Hi Jay,

To be honest, there's nothing much you can do with those 'yellowish' decals. Having said that, you can place your decal on your windows during the morning sun...leave it there for around 30mins(max!). Check and see if the yellow tinge has lighten. Repeat when neccessary.

Prevention is better than cure...all my decals are kept in my drybox too!

Cheers!
    Thanks Fulcrum but to sun my planes and thanks would hasten the fading of the decals. As it is, they have partially faded in my class cupboard which is away from the sun.
    Would keeping unused decals in drybox help? I have quite a bit of them from Microcraft which I bought to 'decorate' my F4s.
    Cheers

I have a method that MIGHT work.

Put each decal in a ziploc bag and seal it. Then paste the ziploc bag onto a glass window with the decals facing outward(not paste outside!). Let the sun bleach the decals for a week or so, depending on the weather.

Take the decal outta the ziploc bag, lightly mist a coat of gloss coat over the decal and let dry COMPLETELY before keeping it. Decals should be whitened by now.
    Thanks G-man but my decals are already on the models as explained to Fulcrum.
    Guess I have to find ways to replace them.
    Cheers

I do Flames of War and tamiyas..

www.flamesofwar.com)
    Last edited by matthewgjs; 22nd March 2006 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsdh
    well, I'm not going that far , even I'm not soo keen in matching every tiny details. Color accuracy is not so important for me. But since I like photography, therefore I want my models to be as real as possible in the photograph, although it may not accurately detailed.
    See the pictures below:
    I took these pictures sometimes back, it is the train lay-out I have at home, Marklin digital system. 1/87th scale (commonly called HO scale among train modellers). These trains were not precisely detailed up to nuts and bolts, but it gives "realistic look" in the photograph, partly because of the landscaping which add to the mood. But we don't have such landscape in aeromodelling, the photograph will focus totally to the model alone, therefore I feel that the painting (and weathering) of the model is very important to achieve a "realistic look", rather than the accuracy of the details.

Marklin sure brings me back to my childhood. Mine was the first generation and the locomotives (had about 7 of them) was all metal, solid, heavy and runs on electricity. With the exception of the locomotives, most of the accessories especially the passenger carriages weren't realistic. Guess its much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Marklin sure brings me back to my childhood. Mine was the first generation and the locomotives (had about 7 of them) was all metal, solid, heavy and runs on electricity. With the exception of the locomotives, most of the accessories especially the passenger carriages weren't realistic. Guess its much better now.
    If you're referring to Marklin produced around 70s - 80s as the first generation, then the current generation is the third, running on digital layout. Locomotives are still solid metal body. The carriages are more realistic with plastic body, but most of the long passenger coaches are 1/100th scale instead of 1/87th scale. Their small accessories are still not realistic enough. Almost all of my accessories are not Marklin's.
    Do you still keep your locomotives?
    I also have a few locomotives from the first generation, such as the small BR-80 below, and I converted it to work on the digital layout.

Quote Originally Posted by tsdh
    If you're referring to Marklin produced around 70s - 80s as the first generation, then the current generation is the third, running on digital layout. Locomotives are still solid metal body. The carriages are more realistic with plastic body, but most of the long passenger coaches are 1/100th scale instead of 1/87th scale. Their small accessories are still not realistic enough. Almost all of my accessories are not Marklin's.
    Do you still keep your locomotives?
    I also have a few locomotives from the first generation, such as the small BR-80 below, and I converted it to work on the digital layout.

That's fantastic being able to convert it to digitial. I've gotta to dig my treasure chest and my track layout were disassembled (probably useless now). Yes, I think I still have the locomotives (but stored with my brother) and remember one of them is the Silver Queen (blue in color), another is dark green and one small black one which is similar to yours above.
    However my models are from the 60s!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewgjs
    I do Flames of War and tamiyas..

www.flamesofwar.com)
    Flames of war looks wicked!
    Post some of your works??

Wow,gald to have saw this thread, i am also a scale model builder & enthuasist,though only 1/24 model cars. But my last completed project is a few yrs ago, where i used it to participate in the annual Tamiya competition & the car is at the display window of a hobby shop. These days i dun have the time to fix any at all... I also have a lot of half completed projects at home, they are usually modification of exsisting kits but stop halfway as i dun have the parts or dun have the time to stratch built parts from epoxy or putty. Like for example Tamiya's 360 Modena make into Modena Challenge Stradale complete with 19" BBS Challenge wheels. Need some sawing of parts off etc. But now no time...

Think i only have time to make box stock cars out of the box, think i'll make the latest WRX STi from Fujimi & Mini Cooper S from Fujimi too.

From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

gosh guess i'm not the only one with unopened kits. Not much CSers into tanks ? I'm more into Panzers.

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35
    gosh guess i'm not the only one with unopened kits. Not much CSers into tanks ? I'm more into Panzers.
    lol.. same here got quiet a few in my cabinet....
    throw away some also....

hmm now i into gundam....

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35
    A third of my kits are AFV. Only got time to assemble but hoping to put aside some time to paint. I do Gundam,cars,bikes,planes,ships and AFV.

Who here belongs to the 3-digit club? I know for a fact I belong there.

What's the 3-digit club? Those who got more than 100 unbuilt kits in their stash. Present body count, 197 unbuilt kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    That's fantastic being able to convert it to digitial. I've gotta to dig my treasure chest and my track layout were disassembled (probably useless now). Yes, I think I still have the locomotives (but stored with my brother) and remember one of them is the Silver Queen (blue in color), another is dark green and one small black one which is similar to yours above.
    However my models are from the 60s!
    Not all models can be converted to digital. If yours are from the 60s, then it can not be converted due to the different motor mounting. But, if you're lucky, the models may be belong to some rarities, collectibles, then you can convert it to cash. no joke, some of old Marklins can fetch quite high price, enough to buy decent DSLR.
    http://www.antiquesandthearts.com/AW...-14-13-27-37p1

Who here belongs to the 3-digit club? I know for a fact I belong there.

What's the 3-digit club? Those who got more than 100 unbuilt kits in their stash. Present body count, 197 unbuilt kits.
    Last count - 308 for me.

Would like to know: how do you store your models (completed models, not the unbuilt kits)?
    Do you put it inside a purposely built glass cabinet?
    I always got problem with dust. Some models, especially the small 1/72nd scale, are fragile and not easily be cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Last count - 308 for me.
    Welcome welcome!!!

Welcome welcome!!!

After selling some off.. count is 176
    (Gundams, Cars, Macross, Ma.k, misc)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast