Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Outing this Saturday 18Mar06 evening city shots

Default Re: Outing this Saturday 18Mar06 evening city shots

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip123
    Definitely appeal to me, I like #2 Dinner on Boat, very candid expression. #4 was captured with superb lighting effects. " it's not the camera, it's the man behind the camera..."
    Well, thanks for the comments. I'm still learning lah. I'm glad that B/W does appeal to you. Many starting out nowadays use mainly colour. I got used to B/W after i started and have been using it ever since. I noticed after putting up the photos that the four shots have pics of boats in them in different scenes! LOL! It seems that i had some sort of fascination for them for some reason.

I think though it's a cheap camera, it can still produce decent photos under the right conditions and within limits of how it can be used. I've only been using this one camera for a year and have got more or less used to the fixed 45m focal length that it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip123
    Oh yah, was #4 taken without tripod? u did not have a tripod with you, sky was grainy, what iso film was used, btw I feel the graininess did not affect how I like the image.
    Oh, i borrowed longkangman's tripod. It should be about 1 sec exposure i think. I was waiting quite long for the 2 boats to come into frame before i took the photo. He was so kind to lend me his tripod for awhile. I'm really not "tripod trained" as he would say. I usually go around taking my shots handheld. I used Ilford XP2 super 400 film.

I like the graininess of film too. I feel it's what film is about and 400 film is versatile.
    Last edited by GC1; 24th March 2006 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GC1
    I'm really not "tripod trained" as he would say. I usually go around taking my shots handheld. I used Ilford XP2 super 400 film.
    "Tripod trained" have nothing to do with shot, it is method to carry the heavy tripod and balanced on you sholder.

Where you hold I don't know leh. kekekeke

Opps seems like the AAR has to be postponed, something cropped up on saturday nite

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    "Tripod trained" have nothing to do with shot, it is method to carry the heavy tripod and balanced on you sholder.

Where you hold I don't know leh. kekekeke
    Haha yah I agree. Really pei-fu u guys lugging around those tripods all night. I guess NS training does help!

But personally I prefer lighter models although they don't provide as stable a platform.

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Haha yah I agree. Really pei-fu u guys lugging around those tripods all night. I guess NS training does help!

But personally I prefer lighter models although they don't provide as stable a platform.
    Those garang chaps must be infantry trained lah.

I prefer lighter models too. Speaking of tripods, i like the velbon Ultra Maxi series. http://www.velbon-tripod.com/ultra_maxi.htm Perfect for me. I think i can even fold one up and put it into my bag. Slinging over the shoulder should not be heavy either. But they are expensive.

I prefer lighter models too. Speaking of tripods, i like the velbon Ultra Maxi series. http://www.velbon-tripod.com/ultra_maxi.htm Perfect for me. I think i can even fold one up and put it into my bag. Slinging over the shoulder should not be heavy either. But they are expensive.
    The velbon looks like a good walkaround travelling tripod, .9kg in weight, must be a joy to carry around.

Just got my Benro CF tripod and ballhead few days ago, to replace my old trpod you "suffered" using

Remember 84mm up to peng kang hill and back to the camp.
    But MR long long time liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Opps seems like the AAR has to be postponed, something cropped up on saturday nite

how abt AAR nx sunday mid noon?

1. sore-eyez

Finally finished the roll and got the film developed today. I think the shots must have been very bad, because when we got a conversation going, the lady at the shop asked me, "You are using the film to practice isit?"

Whoa...jia lat. I better not go for the AAR, otherwise don't know where to put my face.

Anyway, I don't have a scanner at home, but have to get it done at my uncle's place. Perhaps next week I'll put up scans of the one or two photos that are at least half decent.

how abt AAR nx sunday (2 apr) mid noon?

1. sore-eyez
    2. barracuda

fWord: dun worry lah. you sure have somewhere to put your face. different ppl have different ideas, come and share.
    Last edited by barracuda; 26th March 2006 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fWord
    Finally finished the roll and got the film developed today. I think the shots must have been very bad, because when we got a conversation going, the lady at the shop asked me, "You are using the film to practice isit?"

Whoa...jia lat. I better not go for the AAR, otherwise don't know where to put my face.

Anyway, I don't have a scanner at home, but have to get it done at my uncle's place. Perhaps next week I'll put up scans of the one or two photos that are at least half decent.
    Wah talk about subtle insults... that lady is Da Queen.
    My heart goes out to u... was it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Wah talk about subtle insults... that lady is Da Queen.
    My heart goes out to u... was it really that bad?
    Heheh...not abysmal I guess, but not good either. I might not be able to turn up on Sunday midday because of church, and after which I might have to see my grandparents. This itself has been delayed for the last two weekends because my grandparents have fallen ill and need quiet time to recoup.

But if I turn up for the AAR, I'll be taking along other shots from the same roll of film as well, but they are not from the night of the outing that we had.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    how abt AAR nx sunday (2 apr) mid noon?

1. sore-eyez
    2. barracuda

fWord: dun worry lah. you sure have somewhere to put your face. different ppl have different ideas, come and share.
    Hope to be able to make it, though chances are slim. I've probably mentioned this to Glen (GC1) before, so he knows my Sunday is mostly gone, having to attend a church service and factor in a visit to my grandparents. Saturday okay usually after noon or so.

hi ppl, sunday still on anot?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    On Sunday I definitely cannot make it...it's usually full-on. However if anybody's interested, I might scan the photos and post them up, so there can be a virtual AAR if it comes to that.

probably postpone to some other day lah when more ppl r able to come.

Quote Originally Posted by fWord
    On Sunday I definitely cannot make it...it's usually full-on. However if anybody's interested, I might scan the photos and post them up, so there can be a virtual AAR if it comes to that.
    i think a virtual 1 is more viable, its not easy 2 get d same folks free on d same day.

i think a virtual 1 is more viable, its not easy 2 get d same folks free on d same day.
    That's true. Well, I don't have much of a choice anyway. RT burns all my Saturday mornings and I need to return back to camp by Sunday night as well.

Alright, the photos have finally been scanned in and uploaded. If anyone is interested, please view them here:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...52#post2047252

Hope you will enjoy them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast