Thread: Emoblitz Diffuser?

Default Emoblitz Diffuser?

Hey guys, just wanted to ask you a question regarding the emoblitz flash...

For those using, what do you guys use as a diffuser? Stofen omnibounce? I've been looking for something as replacement to my cupnoodle-omnibounce so that i won't look like an idiot walking around with that thing.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that'll fit nicely to the flash. Was thinking of eastgears orion bouce but i was look for something more solid..

Thanks for the time lumixers!

Last edited by metallilan; 15th March 2006 at 10:42 PM.

Default Re: Emoblitz Diffuser?

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask you a question regarding the emoblitz flash...

For those using, what do you guys use as a diffuser? Stofen omnibounce? I've been looking for something as replacement to my cupnoodle-omnibounce so that i won't look like an idiot walking around with that thing.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that'll fit nicely to the flash. Was thinking of eastgears orion bouce but i was look for something more solid..

Thanks for the time lumixers!

Just go to CP to take a look and see which one fits best. They have quite a few there at S$30 each. I use some SAF rubber band (bicycle tube) at the flash head to give a tighter fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tchuanye
    Just go to CP to take a look and see which one fits best. They have quite a few there at S$30 each. I use some SAF rubber band (bicycle tube) at the flash head to give a tighter fit.
    hmm. but im looking to see if any of the lumixers who use the flash are using the specific stofen omnibounce that fits nicely like say, for canon flash etc.

do you think orionbounce is a good buy? it looks pretty good for $15...

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    hmm. but im looking to see if any of the lumixers who use the flash are using the specific stofen omnibounce that fits nicely like say, for canon flash etc.

do you think orionbounce is a good buy? it looks pretty good for $15...
    I guess it should work. But not sure whether the black part will cast any shadow or not

Frankly, I dunno what so special abt the stofen. Looks like a normal white plastic, and quite exp really....thats why I did my own bounce flash previously. Went that way in the end as wanted to improve the shadow problem.....hope its a good investment.
    Last edited by tchuanye; 16th March 2006 at 12:45 AM.

i make one myself...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...77#post1897677

btw what is an orionbounce??

Quote Originally Posted by littledigitalartist
    i make one myself...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...77#post1897677

btw what is an orionbounce??
    heh, i saw that one

orion bounce is this one : http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=336

i did make a diy version of a lightsphere using instant noodle cups but it tends to look awkward in the crowd, so was thinking of something more convetional as a diffuser for my external flash..

I got a cheap Suntax diffuser from AP at $15... not too sure how effective it is so far, but maybe we can swap diffusers for a while and test them out during the next PLUG outing (Not the March one though, damn.. )
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

Huggable made a simple diffuser using an isotonic drink bottle. Works as well as the *whatever* journalistic dome. Easy on the pocket too. Who says you can't have your diffuser and drink it?
    Last edited by huggable; 16th March 2006 at 10:39 AM.