Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

  1. #1

    Default why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    i kine of notice that people, using dslr 1, dun use the LCD??? why is it so????

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    cos there is no LCD live view for DSLR? except Oly E330 if i'm not wrong?

  3. #3
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975
    i kine of notice that people, using dslr 1, dun use the LCD??? why is it so????
    ... because the (reflex) mirror gets in the way. Same principle as SLR.

  4. #4
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    The CCD for normal DSLR are block by the CCD. For the E-330 there is an extra CCD located on top for the live view. Here's the picture of the setup.

    Last edited by smtan24; 15th March 2006 at 09:30 AM.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,406

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Actually i kinda of realised it thats why i decided getting the E-330...

  6. #6
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    yar lor, also cannot shoot video

  7. #7

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    for this very reason, DSLRs have a much longer battery life compared to those with live-cam cameras. the only time u use it is to preview shots/settings.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    well, just my own view, but i feel that SLR-type cameras are not meant to take photos using the LCD. it's not just the mechanisms that make up the SLR, it's the whole feel about it. so weird taking photos with SLR but viewing thru the LCD... SLRs not to be used that way. mebbe i old sch...duno..

  9. #9

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie84
    well, just my own view, but i feel that SLR-type cameras are not meant to take photos using the LCD. it's not just the mechanisms that make up the SLR, it's the whole feel about it. so weird taking photos with SLR but viewing thru the LCD... SLRs not to be used that way. mebbe i old sch...duno..
    You are not old school, you ae just sensible and doing it the right way. The most stable platform to take a picture is a sturdy tripod. We substitude ourselves, a rather unstady bi-pod for that sturdy platform. Since the human bi-pod is inherently now that stable, if you hold the camera away from your body so that you can look thru the LCD, you further degrade the stability of the platfor on which the camera takes the photo.

    This is common sense.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  10. #10
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by marky
    Actually i kinda of realised it thats why i decided getting the E-330...

    I hope that's not the main reason why you chose (or going to choose) the E-300.

  11. #11

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S
    I hope that's not the main reason why you chose (or going to choose) the E-300.
    For some it COULD be the main reason. I've seen people who gag at the thought of not being able to use a rotatable LCD screen.

  12. #12
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gosu_John
    For some it COULD be the main reason. I've seen people who gag at the thought of not being able to use a rotatable LCD screen.

    I guess you are right after all. That's why they say, to each his/her own!

  13. #13

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Try using LCD outdoor under bright sunlight...you could not frame your picture without trial and error
    Last edited by shyanyap; 15th March 2006 at 02:05 PM.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore CLEMENTI
    Posts
    746

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    now you can! you can do it with Olympus DSLR E-330!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southen Sea
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Give this man a beer

    Quote Originally Posted by shyanyap
    Try using LCD outdoor under bright sunlight...you could not frame your picture without trial and error

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    for this very reason, DSLRs have a much longer battery life compared to those with live-cam cameras. the only time u use it is to preview shots/settings.

    Not true...take for example the Nikon's D200 - it sucks juice like noboby business too..just as much as the canon S80.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    I use viewfinder with my PnS anyway, so I don't miss not able to use LCD for my DSLR.

  18. #18

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    yar lor, also cannot shoot video
    Cannot do this and cannot do that yet still so expensive??!!
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

  19. #19
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    Cannot do this and cannot do that yet still so expensive??!!
    yar lor, don't come with lens somemore

  20. #20

    Default Re: why people using DSLR, can not use their LCD to take pix???

    you guys wont be missing the lcd preview once u get to play with a dslr
    optical viewfinder rocks
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •