• To collect brochures

11 9.24%
  • To buy things

65 54.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the REAL reason why you go to IT shows

Default Re: the REAL reason why you go to IT shows

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Wat about those who bring kids in prams??? Why bring em to IT shows??
    Yah I also wonder why the parents bring their young kids there for...

No offense but firstly, I think it is dangerous for the child (the air, the crowd), a hassle for the parents (they should leave it with their parents or something) and to a certain extend, a nuisance for the public. And with all the noise, isn't that kind of traumatising for the child as well?

I was at the NEC booth listening to this salesperson's explaination of a particular computer, this lady just barged in between my Dad and I with her pram. Reason? She wanted to watch Jay Chou's MTV, which was playing on the comp that my Dad and I are interested in.

maybe have admission fee and stipulate that kids under certain age not allowed into the halls?

Go there Hunt for lil_princess... ended up buying other stuff... losing her was a lil_priceless...

hehe...

think i'm the only few thats when pri school insist my mom bring her cheque book and visa card to computer shops and request specific IT items to buy...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Yah I also wonder why the parents bring their young kids there for...

No offense but firstly, I think it is dangerous for the child (the air, the crowd), a hassle for the parents (they should leave it with their parents or something) and to a certain extend, a nuisance for the public. And with all the noise, isn't that kind of traumatising for the child as well?

I was at the NEC booth listening to this salesperson's explaination of a particular computer, this lady just barged in between my Dad and I with her pram. Reason? She wanted to watch Jay Chou's MTV, which was playing on the comp that my Dad and I are interested in.
    I agreed. Environment not good to bring kid out. What I do is visit IT show during lunch time on weekday if possible. Saved me the hassle of bringing my 20 month old son in crowded places.

i don't understand why some ppl can use words like no brain or sickening on those ppl who brought their kids to the show. come on... spare a thought for them will you? its not easy to get someone to look after their kids u know. maybe they're genuine buyers that have something in mind to buy, unlike some ppl just went there to shoot chio bus right?

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    i don't understand why some ppl can use words like no brain or sickening on those ppl who brought their kids to the show. come on... spare a thought for them will you? its not easy to get someone to look after their kids u know. maybe they're genuine buyers that have something in mind to buy, unlike some ppl just went there to shoot chio bus right?
    the problem y it happened is cos exhibitions in Sg look more like a clearance sale than a new product launch exhibition... u see them machiam lelong more than ppl go see new products... even the sales ppl only know price and know nuts about what they are selling... so can't blame ppl... have to blame the organiser... maybe we consumers are at fault...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

erm i go there to work. sad

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi
    erm i go there to work. sad
    i go there do donation... lagi sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i go there do donation... lagi sad...
    What you 'donate'?

This thread should be in kopitiam.

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    I totally agree. To all those who think that the parents have no brains or sickening and spoil your trip to IT shows for whatever reasons. Wait until you have kids of your own and noone is there but yourself to take care of them. You can't leave your child with anyone else, and you still need to go IT show. Then comment. Most times, the people who complain about other people bringing kids and prams and stuff and get in your way, will be the same ones who complain that Singaporeans have no courtesy, block your pram, etc...when they have kids of their own.

As for me, I had to take leave to go to IT show on Friday with my family and kid to avoid the crowd, cause I want to buy my new LCD screen and other stuff, since I know that the weekends will be packed.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    This thread should be in kopitiam.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by blive
    I totally agree. To all those who think that the parents have no brains or sickening and spoil your trip to IT shows for whatever reasons. Wait until you have kids of your own and noone is there but yourself to take care of them. You can't leave your child with anyone else, and you still need to go IT show. Then comment. Most times, the people who complain about other people bringing kids and prams and stuff and get in your way, will be the same ones who complain that Singaporeans have no courtesy, block your pram, etc...when they have kids of their own.

As for me, I had to take leave to go to IT show on Friday with my family and kid to avoid the crowd, cause I want to buy my new LCD screen and other stuff, since I know that the weekends will be packed.
    i agreed.

For the pram issue, sorry parents, you know you are going to such a crowded place, and by pushing a pram is hazardous both to your child and other people.

Not that I never bring a child to such a crowded place before, normally I'll choose to carry the child and not to bring a pram.

Hope I never offend any one here

I used to wonder why parents need to use the pram in crowded places too, until I have a 13kg 18mth old toddler who don't want to walk, and insist to be carried. It's also extremely difficult when she wants to sleep. Imagine carrying a 13 kg load on one arm for a few hours? I am sure you can.

Clarinet, you must be a pretty strong lady, or your child super light or always want to walk on his own.

Well, everyone just got to be more careful when out with a pram. But then, as I said, I choose to go before the weekend to avoid the crowd, as such IT fair are notorious for big crowds, and everyone got to be prepared.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

I used to wonder why parents need to use the pram in crowded places too, until I have a 13kg 18mth old toddler who don't want to walk, and insist to be carried. It's also extremely difficult when she wants to sleep. Imagine carrying a 13 kg load on one arm for a few hours? I am sure you can.

Clarinet, you must be a pretty strong lady, or your child super light or always want to walk on his own.

Well, everyone just got to be more careful when out with a pram. But then, as I said, I choose to go before the weekend to avoid the crowd, as such IT fair are notorious for big crowds, and everyone got to be prepared.
    Ok, u are partly right, normally he wants to walk on his own and his my aunt's child, i'm not that old. lol... but what I wants to bring up is by pushing a pram is hazardous both to your child and other people in very crowded place. Just imagine, someone carry a heavy load, trip over the pram and fall, the load might land on the pram with the child in it. I won't want that to happen.

decepticons in action dude... Clarinet is More Than Meet The EYE...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    decepticons in action dude... Clarinet is More Than Meet The EYE...
    you very free hor, see my post must distrub me hor

Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    you very free hor, see my post must distrub me hor
    bo leh, i din reply your post, i reply to blive mah...

anyway i very honest 1... when i see autobot, i'll say autobot, i see decepticons den i'll say decepticons mah...

i wonder y people start threads like these

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast