Thread: Im a newbie in searched for a better Cam

Default Im a newbie in searched for a better Cam

Hello there everyone. Im just starting to put up a digital photo studio and printing. but im still on the process of choosing what type of camera to buy. i want a good camera with zoom and some adjustments on it. im not that too technical weirdo with cams. what do you think is the best camera to start with.?

any help will do?

thanks

Default Re: Im a newbie in searched for a better Cam

Hi Tie Wrap,

i think it would be good if you could tell us your budget. From there then we can give u some suggestions. Also if possible, what type of pic u take more? eg; landscape, portrait, candid, sport, night shot etc.....

Have a nice day

in search of a better cam? so what cam u using now?

Exclamation Re: Im a newbie in searched for a better Cam

IMHO, as a Canon user I would recommend a 350D or the latest 30D. Check the Canon thread for more info.Simpler cam would be the PowerShot S80 or S2 IS

Quote Originally Posted by Tie Wrap
    Hello there everyone. Im just starting to put up a digital photo studio and printing. but im still on the process of choosing what type of camera to buy. i want a good camera with zoom and some adjustments on it. im not that too technical weirdo with cams. what do you think is the best camera to start with.?

any help will do?

thanks
    Last edited by lycan; 14th March 2006 at 09:41 PM.

Go Nikon D70S or D200. You will not regret it!

D200!!!! wont be wrong!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fierysnake
    D200!!!! wont be wrong!!!!
    Yeah I getting mine tomolo Then eat grass for one year

Quote Originally Posted by Friday13
    Yeah I getting mine tomolo Then eat grass for one year
    eat grass for 1 yr? ur hand will be shake like crazy due to lack of food. haha... then u muz buy VR lens liao...

Plenty of "better" and good cameras out there.

Question is whether or not you can do justice to the camera.

What's your budget anyway, Tie Wrap?
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

erm... i'm actually also looking at a digital SLR..

Right now am using a Canon pro 1.. But after helping out with my friend's wedding with a Nikon D1x, i feel very tempted to get a dSLR.

I think my budget is around $2000 for a body with lens & vertical/batt grip and a flash. So what do you all suggest? I really like the feel of the D1x.. The weight(maybe not tat heavy but still like it) and metal feel is very nice... Like Canon but sometimes the body feels too toyish/plastic for me.... Those bodies with the vertical grip built in looks damn nice also, hehe...

So any recommendations? Don't mind going for 2nd hand options, just don't die on me can already or make me spend on costly servicing. hehe...

Cheers

Wah yr budget is very limited lei for the stuff to wanna get! BTW those "bodies w vertical grip built in" cost more than yr budget for just the body alone.

Ok enough singlish.

For $2000 you're gonna have to settle for 2nd hand stuff. No top of the line equipment like 580EX.
    You might be able to get a 20D + 430EX +BGE2 but I think it's a little tight... you gotta search and drive a hard bargain

More realistic would be a 350D + 430EX + BGE3. Should be relatively easy to find on BnS for $2000.

I don't follow nikon prices... but I suspect you might be able to get a used D70s + a flash.

BTW you'll have to settle for the kit lens in either case. You won't be able to squeeze in a body + grip + flash AND a gd lens for the price.

You could consider older cameras like the 10D and D1X but I don't really recommend it. They're about a generation behind the current crop. Then again its the man and not the camera so...
    Last edited by solarii; 21st March 2006 at 12:44 AM.

I think for now i don't mind kit lenses.... Still don't know much about lenses, but when i can afford will get one with the FTM mode... hehe...

erm.. i think i can drop the flash for now.. hehe.... the 20D seems nice...

Any idea what's the prices for the d1x 2nd hand now??

erm wat's the biggest print size you can get from a d1x(6mp rite??) with quite good quality...