Thread: canon s9000 & epson 1290 ????

Default canon s9000 & epson 1290 ????

i wonder which one u guys prefers...CANON S9000 or the EPSON 1290. I have this urge to buy either one.. opinion.....suggestion....and comments please?????

Default Re: canon s9000 & epson 1290 ????

Originally posted by Fundee
    i wonder which one u guys prefers...CANON S9000 or the EPSON 1290. I have this urge to buy either one.. opinion.....suggestion....and comments please?????
    CANON S9000!!!!

Awesome colour...

Blog Entries

If your budget can be bigger ( 2x ) can consider the Epson 2200.

Otherwise between the Epson 1290 and Canon S9000, I would go for the S9000 because:-
    1. Faster print speed (very much faster!!) - full A4 prints in about 2 mins vs about 8-9 for the Epson.
    2. Individual Ink Tanks.

Subjectively, the interface for the Canon seems to be more intuitive.

BUY BUY BUY

CANON S9000

BUY BUY BUY
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

the problem is this

canon prints are beautiful, grainless at all counts.........

epson prints still have nagging "lines"... they might have overcomed that with their latest printers........ that I dunno as I've not kept up.

cons about canon is that I only managed to get good prints, those that the colors would stay with original canon papers, and it means you're stuck with just a few types of papers, I see that canon is also producing more papers, such as matte..... so........ depends

now with epson, I've seen my friends having a hella choice of papers to try out, heavy matte from epson is very pretty to me.... nice feeling to it.... they can also use ilford paper, and epson itself have quite a few types of paper to cater to your needs to......
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

I've got the 1290, am pretty satisfied with it. Very occasionally get light blue lines, but it goes away after a printout or two. Prints on the matte heavyweight paper come out really beautiful.

Have not tried the S9000 though. One advantage I can think of is that the Epson does borderfree A3 size prints, which is really good if you're doing design.

Originally posted by Darren
    If your budget can be bigger ( 2x ) can consider the Epson 2200.

Otherwise between the Epson 1290 and Canon S9000, I would go for the S9000 because:-
    1. Faster print speed (very much faster!!) - full A4 prints in about 2 mins vs about 8-9 for the Epson.
    2. Individual Ink Tanks.

Subjectively, the interface for the Canon seems to be more intuitive.
    Yeah! Me got supporter! Got this baby at home and having fun with it. kekeke...

BS, Mega, thanks!