Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympus E330

Default Re: Olympus E330

Quote Originally Posted by coolpix7900
    Yesterday evening took out my 330 and tried some shots... i was overwhelmed by the cam, kind of like donno what to do with so many options ... then tried some night shots using the scene settings, i was very impressed by the outcome of the shot...hehehe (maybe i first time lah ) . Any of you can advise me on some basic shooting techniques?
    Try this technique. It requires manual mode setting. All you need is a good solid tripod and fiddle with the shutter speed between 3 to 5 secs. Exposure around F9 to F15. You should get a pretty good decent shots. Taken last X'mas.

that's a beautiful picture. like the color combination and the lines of lights...

Deregistered

Interesting composition for this shot.

The theme was about ghost. Here's another shot.

Deregistered

Its interesting how the camera can make everyday things look so different. Nice pics you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by plastic
    Its interesting how the camera can make everyday things look so different. Nice pics you have there.
    Hey plastic, thanks for the tips ... really nice pictures u have there. I manage to try out my cam over the weekend and i really love the live view, it made taking photos so interesting from different angles. read from another thread about the not so good review of the 330, anyway its very subjective from different person to person about their likes and dislikes. But for me, I LOVE MY 330

Deregistered

Hey plastic, thanks for the tips ... really nice pictures u have there. I manage to try out my cam over the weekend and i really love the live view, it made taking photos so interesting from different angles. read from another thread about the not so good review of the 330, anyway its very subjective from different person to person about their likes and dislikes. But for me, I LOVE MY 330
    Interestingly, you were also another Coolpix guy who jumped into Oly? I was using my Coolpix 5000 for 5 years before buying the E-300 at a dirt cheap price. Now I am slowly saving up to collect 14-54mm, 8mm Fish, and the 150mm Sigma Macro. Patience... or hope that I strike the lottery...

You are making good use of the Live View. I only bought the E-300 because the E-330 came out and the shop was clearing stock. I guess I should consider the VA-6 for getting some interesting angles. But thinking back, the Coolpix 5000 was for this purpose. I could get some really interesting ground shots.

Interestingly, you were also another Coolpix guy who jumped into Oly? I was using my Coolpix 5000 for 5 years before buying the E-300 at a dirt cheap price. Now I am slowly saving up to collect 14-54mm, 8mm Fish, and the 150mm Sigma Macro. Patience... or hope that I strike the lottery...
    Me too...from CoolPix also, then to Oly E-500.

You are making good use of the Live View. I only bought the E-300 because the E-330 came out and the shop was clearing stock. I guess I should consider the VA-6 for getting some interesting angles. But thinking back, the Coolpix 5000 was for this purpose. I could get some really interesting ground shots.
    Yeap, jumped on the Oly 330 when I see that Live view screen option. I guess maybe already used to looking at a big screen taking pictures rather than squeezing my eyeball into the "small hole"... hahaha... Live view is really great where I can see it from different angles with the DSLR, I took some shots of my kid over the weekend and the ground shots looks great to me. I'm still new to photography so will take me some time before I learn more stuff.
    Hope you strike lottery soon... lol

Deregistered

Yeap, jumped on the Oly 330 when I see that Live view screen option. I guess maybe already used to looking at a big screen taking pictures rather than squeezing my eyeball into the "small hole"... hahaha... Live view is really great where I can see it from different angles with the DSLR, I took some shots of my kid over the weekend and the ground shots looks great to me. I'm still new to photography so will take me some time before I learn more stuff.
    Hope you strike lottery soon... lol
    Guess I will end up with a VA-6 as well now... LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12