Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678
Results 141 to 149 of 149

Thread: Some HW help needed...

  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    So far seems OK but again I don't have many file name in chinese except a few.
    I got it from Chamoxa as the package is cheap due to cheaper HD and some misc small discount. I also got some other stuff cheap from them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Does it support Chinese character? The Terastation has problem with Chinese character. If the filename is in Chinese, it will not be able to save in the terastation.
    BTW where or which vendor did you get your Thecus from?

  2. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    So far seems OK but again I don't have many file name in chinese except a few.
    I got it from Chamoxa as the package is cheap due to cheaper HD and some misc small discount. I also got some other stuff cheap from them.
    Did you manage to save those file with Chinese filename to the unit?
    I have a few gigs of data with Chinese filename and looking for one that will work.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

  3. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    Yes I did and so far like I mentioned it is OK. But it is like 3-4 files with chinese chr as title.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Did you manage to save those file with Chinese filename to the unit?
    I have a few gigs of data with Chinese filename and looking for one that will work.

  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    Thank Dennis for the information.
    Apologize to epsn for OT in your thread.
    How is your PC recovery? Everything OK?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

  5. #145
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Thank Dennis for the information.
    Apologize to epsn for OT in your thread.
    How is your PC recovery? Everything OK?
    No worries on the OT, I'm reading and learning as I go along, will be sourcing for a good NAS this weekend.

    All images backed up to DVDs already, but I partitioned wrongly. My XP OS only allocated 10GB and I got another 10GB partition nothing doing.

    I wanna merge these two partitions together. Any suggestions/help?

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    No worries on the OT, I'm reading and learning as I go along, will be sourcing for a good NAS this weekend.

    All images backed up to DVDs already, but I partitioned wrongly. My XP OS only allocated 10GB and I got another 10GB partition nothing doing.

    I wanna merge these two partitions together. Any suggestions/help?
    There are several tools that can perform the functions.
    You can explore the following site.
    http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilit...neditors.shtml

    Let me know if you need more information or help.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

  7. #147
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    There are several tools that can perform the functions.
    You can explore the following site.
    http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilit...neditors.shtml

    Let me know if you need more information or help.
    Alright, Thanks!

  8. #148
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    I have Partition Magic 8.0. PM me if you need it.

  9. #149
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Some HW help needed...

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    No worries on the OT, I'm reading and learning as I go along, will be sourcing for a good NAS this weekend.
    I am looking for one too. Been looking at this http://www.thecus.com/products_over.php?cid=1&pid=2 but not sure what is the cost. Do you have any info on this? I am seriously looking for a NAS system.
    Last edited by jbma; 23rd March 2006 at 08:14 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •