View Poll Results: Ho do you clean your microfibre cloth

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never cleaned before/change if dirty

    23 37.70%
  • normal way of washing

    36 59.02%
  • Steam clean

    1 1.64%
  • Vacuum clean only

    2 3.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    119

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    actually... what i think is......

    got money to invest on cam and lens, no extra money to buy fibre cloth???
    doesnt make sense to me.. once dirty... change...

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    how dirty can a micro fibre cloth b? use it 2 wipe lense oni wad...

  3. #23

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    how dirty can a micro fibre cloth b? use it 2 wipe lense oni wad...
    It can get quite dirty because because you hold it with your hand and the hand can be quite dirty.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Look like so far CSer are either washing it the normal way like the way we wash our clothes or just change whenever its dirty. Since there are so many washing and still using it, I guess there is no harm done so far.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    It can get quite dirty because because you hold it with your hand and the hand can be quite dirty.
    definitely not my hand, if its so dirty i wont 1 2 even touch my cam liao. but u got a point there.

  6. #26

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    definitely not my hand, if its so dirty i wont 1 2 even touch my cam liao. but u got a point there.
    You won't be able to see microscopic dirt and grime which the microfibre cloth can pick up from your hand even though you may think it is clean.

  7. #27

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    sounds like we need a clean room to clean our lens. heee

  8. #28

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by tek
    sounds like we need a clean room to clean our lens. heee
    Best.. plus N2 gas for blowing..

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    You won't be able to see microscopic dirt and grime which the microfibre cloth can pick up from your hand even though you may think it is clean.
    true, but ttz alittle extreme. cos most places we take pics r not dust free environment. if d microscopic dirt is not visible in d pics , i hav no complain.

  10. #30

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    There are different types of cloth. Which one is better, Soft ones or Hard ones?

    I bought a clean kit(Brand is UN) but the cloth is very troublesome to use. If I drop the liquid on the cloth and clean the filter, some textile of the cloth will fall off onto the filter. It is very troublesome. My another cloth is harder and I was afraid that it might harm the lense. But it works better in that there are no falling things and can very effectively clean the filter. And I donnot know where to buy this kind of hard cloth.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bt. Timah
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by freecloud
    There are different types of cloth. Which one is better, Soft ones or Hard ones?

    I bought a clean kit(Brand is UN) but the cloth is very troublesome to use. If I drop the liquid on the cloth and clean the filter, some textile of the cloth will fall off onto the filter. It is very troublesome. My another cloth is harder and I was afraid that it might harm the lense. But it works better in that there are no falling things and can very effectively clean the filter. And I donnot know where to buy this kind of hard cloth.
    Are you referring to chamois? That's leather.
    Last edited by solarii; 3rd April 2006 at 01:12 AM.

  12. #32
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Who uses the 3M cleaning clothe?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  13. #33

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Are you referring to chamois? That's leather.
    it is not leather. The brand is essilor and the type is mx100.
    Anyone use the same cloth too?

  14. #34
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In A Suitcase
    Posts
    700

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    I will the recycle the cloth for other things in the house after it is dirty. Just wash it normally with other items in the laundry and the cloth will be used for other stuff instead. So not a complete waste. I use the cloth to wipe the dirt and grime off the lens body, never the lens.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Who uses the 3M cleaning clothe?

    me. I'm using one. I use it to clean the outer parts of my lenses, camera body and other accessories but not the glass. I use chamois or lens paper to clean the glass if necessary but usually I just blow.
    Last edited by DeSwitch; 3rd April 2006 at 02:01 PM.

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    lenspen is everyone's friend!
    If the pen picks up dirt how do you clean it?

  17. #37

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Quote Originally Posted by freecloud
    it is not leather. The brand is essilor and the type is mx100.
    Anyone use the same cloth too?
    After a while it makes the glass dirtier.

  18. #38

    Default Re: How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

    Just put in washing machine. Can one. Spray a bit of degreaser on it if it is super dirty. NEVER use fabric softener.

    When it's done take out of machine, give the cloth a few hard flicks to fluff out the fibers and then AIR-DRY it. NEVER use tumble dryer.

    NEVER use steam of hot water or iron your cloth. It is synthetic - it will melt and harden and scratch your lens.

    If you want you can just buy new cloth and use old cloth to clean the camera & lens BODY.
    Last edited by HLL; 11th May 2006 at 04:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •