Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do you get this good at photoshop

Default Re: how do you get this good at photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S
    Not forgetting that Photoshop don't come cheap.
    Then use GIMP lor...

Quote Originally Posted by dslang
    Look at this folder
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=381916
    all the same photo with different skies photoshopped in. How do you get this good? Obviously an incredible amount of talent, knowledge, and practice is needed, but does anyone have links to tutorials/techniques to help improve photoshop knowledge?

I wont be switching skies around anytime soon, but it'd be a useful skill to have.

To see more of Lars Raun's amazing work...
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-...54&include=all

my dear,
    there is always a help in any programe..keep on trying.. cos if someone teach you the next moment you will forget... create ur oun style and save them.. cos u dont get the same effect twice usually...keep on playing with it.

hehe. but if you wan the latest program, there is always alot of program to download for home use. ALWAYS dlw together with the code Breaker!!

Quote Originally Posted by dslang
    Look at this folder
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=381916
    all the same photo with different skies photoshopped in. How do you get this good? Obviously an incredible amount of talent, knowledge, and practice is needed, but does anyone have links to tutorials/techniques to help improve photoshop knowledge?

I wont be switching skies around anytime soon, but it'd be a useful skill to have.

To see more of Lars Raun's amazing work...
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-...54&include=all
    Friend I think none answered your question....

To add something to your query, there are many ways to get this effect....
    1 Dodging and Burning
    2 Multiplying layers by changing the blending options
    3 Multiplying Colors over each other again by changing the blending options...
    and lots more....

My suggestion to you would be to not to try and copy the effect which Lars Raun's has done.. But to start the process, manipulating and playing with your own image for a while with different blending options like Multiply, Overlay- use functionalilty like Match Colors... & voila u will do much better and different kinda image (of urself as well )....

Hope to see something from you soon... Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    I have known of people still using PS Ver5.5 I guess if it still work for you why change. But you feel restricted then change are good.
    true =) haha cuz though newer versions have new features, one thing that really bugs... EXtreme Consumption of memory... lol it bleeds my workstation dry... hahaha CS2 that is... lol

thank you for the help everyone!! i'll post up results once i actually learn something new

I think beyond all the techniques and practice and tools, to create such images, one must have an artistic eye... If you can't even see or visualise what beautiful images you want in your mind, how are you going to go about creating it? Not everyone will become an artist simply by holding on the paint brushes, canvas, and some paint... Likewise for photography...

Just my two cents...
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Wang
    I think beyond all the techniques and practice and tools, to create such images, one must have an artistic eye... If you can't even see or visualise what beautiful images you want in your mind, how are you going to go about creating it? Not everyone will become an artist simply by holding on the paint brushes, canvas, and some paint... Likewise for photography...

Just my two cents...

Thats a nice thing to share....

Sometimes you need not PS as well... You can get similar effect by playing with the WB or adding Filters...

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Wang

Just my two cents...
    yea very true =)

lols.....photoshop's pretty so-so to use.....learnt how to use it in polytechnic...haha...we had digital imaging module.......bless NYP....there's quite alot of short cuts to doing that image tho.....and it saves alot of time....

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S
    Not forgetting that Photoshop don't come cheap.
    tell me about it.. was just going to get the CS2.. phew!

The basic skills for PS are easy to learn...the artistry is in the application...filters can only go so far, and relying on them too much can limit creativity...always good to learn the hard way of doing things, if only to understand the process better...lessons can only cover so much...be willing to experiment

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK
    CS2...hmm...2 things I can think of off hand are the warp tool and being able to liquify 16bit files...also, if you have a 64bit PC and operating system you can use up to I think 3.5GB of RAM...great for huge files...

CS3 will prob come out when Windows Vista arrives...prob 1st quarter next year...probably be fully 64bit and able to use even more RAM...

Theorectically, that's true.. On the Windows platform, the random crashing problem still occurs once you start to hit above 2.5GB of RAM for PS CS2. Regardless of whether it's WinXP or WinXP-64bit.

Doesn't happen on MacOS platforms though. Hopefully they do actually get down to re-coding the entire memory management module instead of trying to fix an already aged module.

Haven't really faced the random crashing problem...but I believe Vista (coming out in 1st quarter 2007) would have a different memory management system (it is written for 64bit from the start rather than patched in like XP64) and hopefully that should deal with memory problems... and the CS3 launch is probably timed with Vista's launch in mind... of course, by that time, Intel based G6s should be available as well...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12