Thread: interesting story

Default interesting story

my friends in related electronics industry share a common story with me

there is this age-old bait-and-switch, basically a sinking Company had got you entrapped either a paying customer for a non-existing stock, so as to either feed their creditors/suppliers so they may THEN release new stocks, or if theres no debt, become an 'investor' for their new models ventures!

either way, sheer obession of the excited buyer has alrdy done the job of 'selling' for them & best, the uncertainty of the new models to market is their best excuse. basically they had now, instead of 1 supplier whom they are owing 300Ks and refusing to release new stocks, 100 of small time creditors from whom each they now taken 3Ks and in return can offer only promises of 'unexpected delay'. they hedge that u as a small time buyer (maybe hooked by whatever small discounts they offer upfront or that elusive 'debut batch' promise) has little power over them except go some 'silly' consumer complaint club or make a din at a woodenplank booth lasting all of 4 days. instead they can now threaten you with $$ penalty if you get out, or if they like they can hold you off as long as they can, until some authorities interceed, if the client have the 'endurance' (note:not RIGHTS) to do indeed take that matter that far.

of course by then, they may already stock in the 'new' product in debate which you paid for XX mths back, at whats rapidly becoming now a poor offer, comparative to the current market then. BEst of all , YOU ARE NOT INFORMED of the new stockin till you call in on one frustrating day, half expecting to be hang up, that you MUST SELF-COLLECT it at their ABC location, before XXYYZZ date (which is office hrs only, the day after tomorrow). When asked abt stamp for wty, simply the staff said she dont know also, maybe should just refer to the invoice...WHICH WAS ISSUED 3mths back.

but then again, the customer should really count his/her blessings if indeed the purchase WAS at all fulfilled.

Great story, not that it got to do with anything

Default Re: interesting story

after reading a few times... i still catch no balls...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

sounds like the 30D story in the IT show recently ?
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

just 1 word: DEPOSIT

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo
    sounds like the 30D story in the IT show recently ?
    wat was the story?

erm.. so morale of the story is it is nothing?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by playhard
    wat was the story?
    I think that someone purchased the 30D and was then told that there was no stock, and no assurance on when the stock will come in..... ?

Quote Originally Posted by dnd8008
    I think that someone purchased the 30D and was then told that there was no stock, and no assurance on when the stock will come in..... ?
    i don't think so..

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    i don't think so..
    so what's the story? care to shed some light?

i do not want to speculate. but if he says from the electronics industry.. and few hundred thousand pieces of 'something' i think it's got more to do with silicon based stuff. It's time to read the Nikkei again..

the best is to hear from the horses' mouth. Don't want to get into trouble for pointing at any names.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 22nd March 2006 at 08:56 PM.