Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: recommendation for MD player?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default recommendation for MD player?

    anyone can recommend a good MD player? thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    heh can I extrapolate that u like the canon ixus too?

    md player? try minidisc.org
    nowadays the top 2 sharp n sony have simlar features
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  3. #3
    Encino
    Guests

    Default

    Hi

    I'm getting a Sony Net MD but dunno which one.

    Get the Net MD cos the ease of recording...those old time recording can kill. This new purchase will be my 5th MD player.

    I hope this help.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    ya, i sure will go for NetMD, but even for NetMD, there are quite number of choices. currently i am considering N505, but saw that it can only use Akaline battery, is it truth?

    i only saw that MZ-N1 can use NiMh battery...

    btw, what is Digital Sound Preset huh?

  5. #5
    Encino
    Guests

    Default

    Hi

    Get one with the controller...I had one without a controller and it really put me off. I think either the 707 or the 1...get either one. Don't waste the money on that 505.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Originally posted by Encino
    Hi

    Get one with the controller...I had one without a controller and it really put me off. I think either the 707 or the 1...get either one. Don't waste the money on that 505.
    huh? 505 dun have controller meh? i saw from

    http://www.sony.com.sg/NetMD/

    seem like got ler...

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by chenwei

    huh? 505 dun have controller meh? i saw from

    http://www.sony.com.sg/NetMD/

    seem like got ler...
    no no no..
    get camera stuffs!!!


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    no no no..
    get camera stuffs!!!

    *LOL* cannot lar, it's boring life without music... somemore i spent too much on cam stuffs liao...

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by chenwei

    *LOL* cannot lar, it's boring life without music... somemore i spent too much on cam stuffs liao...
    why did you not consider a MP3?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    why did you not consider a MP3?
    u mean mp3 player? the price i see not much difference from MD player ler...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    cd mp3 player? LOL it takes me 3 or 4 trips to finish one CD...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    cd mp3 player? LOL it takes me 3 or 4 trips to finish one CD...
    mm... targeting MZ-N1, anyone know the cheapest price selling now?

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by chenwei

    u mean mp3 player? the price i see not much difference from MD player ler...
    Well I think that it is cheaper and lighter then the present MD devices.

    Keito brought a Creative MP3 Player2 and with expan slot for another 64MB, a total of 128MB, it beat the MD hand down. It oso lighter.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    Well I think that it is cheaper and lighter then the present MD devices.

    Keito brought a Creative MP3 Player2 and with expan slot for another 64MB, a total of 128MB, it beat the MD hand down. It oso lighter.
    mm... assume 4MB one song with 5 mins, 32 songs 160 mins, I will still prefer MD player, 74mins with LP2 can get 148 mins, LP3 can get 222 mins. memory is not cheap ler...

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by chenwei

    mm... assume 4MB one song with 5 mins, 32 songs 160 mins, I will still prefer MD player, 74mins with LP2 can get 148 mins, LP3 can get 222 mins. memory is not cheap ler...
    yeah ok lor...

    Btw, the MD what brand one har?
    I might be going down SLS later, so migth be able to help you find out the price.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    322

    Default

    the shop beside Cathay Photo (forgot wats the name) quoted me $480 for Sony N1 last time...

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Got my Sony MZ-N1 a few months back at Dynasty Audio (2nd Fl, SLS), around $430 to $440. Look for the older guy at the middle of the shop, the rest of the younger chaps is not very helpful.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •