Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: What's TFCD

  1. #1

    Default What's TFCD

    What does TFCD mean?
    Why is so many postings asking for TFCD?
    Can anyone join in with or without experience/

    Thanks for the heads up.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocom
    What does TFCD mean?
    Why is so many postings asking for TFCD?
    Can anyone join in with or without experience/

    Thanks for the heads up.
    TFCD stands for Time For Compact Disk, thsi means that the model and the photographer both work for free or pay fro any costs such as studios etc in order to produce pictures to build up a portfolio or somthing

    Mnay models want pictures of them to promote themselves and many photogs want pics to show of their ability

    Anyone can usually join no matter what experience level
    Last edited by wildstallion; 12th March 2006 at 10:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Define TFCD

    IMHO, the model or the photographer are have equally rights to choose whoever they want to work with.

    The photographer can select the model they think that can create the images they want, and the model can select the photographer can product the images that they want also.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    still CD? not TFDVD since DVD is now getting popular?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    still CD? not TFDVD since DVD is now getting popular?
    He asked about tfcd, im sure many people do tfdvd now

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    No offends my friend.


    The images it should be by judge by quality not count by quantity.

    I think the model would happy to have 20 good images rather than 200 “you know what I mean” images.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    No offends my friend.


    The images it should be by judge by quality not count by quantity.

    I think the model would happy to have 20 good images rather than 200 “you know what I mean” images.
    I think hemay have said dvd because of its lasting quality rather than hundreds of "you know what" images

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    TFCD stands for Time For Compact Disk, thsi means that the model and the photographer both work for free or pay fro any costs such as studios etc in order to produce pictures to build up a portfolio or somthing

    Mnay models want pictures of them to promote themselves and many photogs want pics to show of their ability

    Anyone can usually join no matter what experience level
    I used to do just that and until now i'm still doing for some.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    I used to do just that and until now i'm still doing for some.
    so you shoot on film and then scan to CD?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    so you shoot on film and then scan to CD?
    That's right. Sometimes i use my digital PnS to shoot.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bt. Timah
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    If you are a total noob to model shoots do at least let the person know. Some may not mind, others actually want relatively experienced people to do the shoot, even if they are new models themselves.

    If you're really interested, you should have a portfolio to show your prospective "client" what you're capable of. That way you can show that you're up to the task AND increase your chances of getting selected. That means you have to read up, practice, possibly go for lessons even.

    Also, take note that a lot of the people doing these shoots are pretty good. As a noob, you may get side-lined if you're there for some free target practice, since the person probably wants to build up a decent portfolio and isn't going to waste time letting you do "snapshots". And trust me, you can tell if a person knows his stuff.

    Consider paid model shoots instead if you're a noob and want practice. The model is paid so they can't be bothered with yr skills. No pressure.
    Last edited by solarii; 12th March 2006 at 11:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    That's right. Sometimes i use my digital PnS to shoot.
    wow...real pro.As the saying goes, its not the camera but more fo the person behind it.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    wow...real pro.As the saying goes, its not the camera but more fo the person behind it.
    Haha thanks for the compliments, cos my sony PnS have soft filter to go with model shoots and other special effects to enhance the results so using it is no probs.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southen Sea
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    I thought It was-- Talent for creative demand... just kidding...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by erizai
    I thought It was-- Talent for creative demand... just kidding...
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  16. #16
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    I suppose the best way to start might be asking a friend to pose for you.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    I suppose the best way to start might be asking a friend to pose for you.
    then burn a CD for him

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    then burn a CD for him
    or for her
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  19. #19

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Define TFCD

    IMHO, the model or the photographer are have equally rights to choose whoever they want to work with.

    The photographer can select the model they think that can create the images they want, and the model can select the photographer can product the images that they want also.

    Hey catchlights,
    Thanks for this link.

    And to the rest, thanks for a very informative response to my thread.
    Really appreciate what I learnt here.
    Last edited by astrocom; 14th March 2006 at 12:16 AM.

  20. #20
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: What's TFCD

    You're welcomed.

    solarii has given you very good advice, but you also can ask friends around you to pose for you, at least you get to practice and start collecting some samples.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •