Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slim camera, any recommendation?

Default Re: Slim camera, any recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    i've been using an Ixus 30. small and compact and could shoot almost 3fps and vga 30fps video till the card fills.
    Same for my cybershot P8, at 2.7fps but sadly only 2 frames. Video can only go up to 25fps for the entire memory of the card.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Exclamation Re: Slim camera, any recommendation?

A panasonic or a IXUS would be just what you need.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Feel like having a slim and small digicam to carry everyday. My Phone camera sucked! Is there any slim digital cams thats small and compact and slim and use AA or AAA batteries?

Image quality can compromise a bit, as its for record purposes, but must have flash. Purely PnS, auto and focus free ones.

Any recommendations?

Anyone tried a Kyocera EZ 3011 before? It seems to answer to what I wished for. Uses AAA batteries, slim, small, 3.2mp, 4X digital zoom, macro, takes video and still. Good for records and holiday. Cheap too!

Dunno bout image quality.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Anyone tried a Kyocera EZ 3011 before? It seems to answer to what I wished for. Uses AAA batteries, slim, small, 3.2mp, 4X digital zoom, macro, takes video and still. Good for records and holiday. Cheap too!

Dunno bout image quality.....?
    AAA batteries? Won't that take drain batteries faster than you can replace them? As far as I know, AAA rechargeable batteries are about 1/3 the capacity of AA types. Well, that's speculation from me cos I never use that camera b4.

AA batts themselves not slim liao.. put in camera how to be slim.

If you really want slim maybe can go for fujiflim Z2 (gives ISO 1600 usable pics)
    else I'll recommend the Fuji F11. Not as slim but also give good 1600 pics
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

I bought the Panasonic FX9, now bringing it almost anywhere I go, of course important shoots I will bring the DSLR. But u need to know that ALL slim small digicam the flash sucks, it is not very useable for indoor or night time outdoor.

F11 or Z2 don't need good flash cos they shoot at ISO800 or ISO1600. with a little loss of overall sharpness at 1600 but nothing serious that cannot be fixed with PS .

I've used ISO1600 and printed onto 6R out of camera for a friend and it looks damned sharp when printed.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12