Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding/Event Shooters. What objects do u hate most?

Default Re: Wedding/Event Shooters. What objects do u hate most?

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Nobody said anything about blaming, just stating what I dislike.
    And i'm sure to dislike my photographer if he called my guests a retard, be it my wedding or an event hosted by me.

maybe u have a special way with words. offensively special.

Joho, fwiw I don't do wedding shoots nor do I get paid to do photography,
    then why are u posting what you dislike if u've never been in such a position?

Agreed with jOhO, that person can be relatives or parents of the wedding couple, if someone block my view, too bad, I just need to let the couple know, of course I have many ways to deal with these.

I think I say before, during a wedding, anything can go wrong, you won't die because of these, as long it is not your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Agreed with jOhO, that person can be relatives or parents of the wedding couple, if someone block my view, too bad, I just need to let the couple know, of course I have many ways to deal with these.

I think I say before, during a wedding, anything can go wrong, you won't die because of these, as long it is not your fault.
    ya... if this 'blocker' gets in the way, den can't get rid of him, den y not put the lens between any 'holes' u can find between U, Him & the Subjects... for eg thru the arm pit, the legs, etc... den when they ask, how come got vignetting... den u say, tis shot is PRICELESS... do you know who's armpit is that? its your Great Great Great Grandfather's, happen so he was infront so i can't possibly ask him to move, so i shot thru him... den when ask how come this shot got a white curtain on the top... den u explain... oh, the bride's maid was in the way, so i lifted up her dress, went under blouse in prone, and shot it from there, oh ya... there was this 1 shot i did as well when i accidentally pressed the shutter while coming out from there... would u like to see it? its in the Abstract column... cos nobody know whats that she's wearing...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    ya... if this 'blocker' gets in the way, den can't get rid of him, den y not put the lens between any 'holes' u can find between U, Him & the Subjects... for eg thru the arm pit, the legs, etc... den when they ask, how come got vignetting... den u say, tis shot is PRICELESS... do you know who's armpit is that? its your Great Great Great Grandfather's, happen so he was infront so i can't possibly ask him to move, so i shot thru him... den when ask how come this shot got a white curtain on the top... den u explain... oh, the bride's maid was in the way, so i lifted up her dress, went under blouse in prone, and shot it from there, oh ya... there was this 1 shot i did as well when i accidentally pressed the shutter while coming out from there... would u like to see it? its in the Abstract column... cos nobody know whats that she's wearing...
    Pisss.... that's a hair on your lens.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Pisss.... that's a hair on your lens.

Short, curly & dark one at that....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    then why are u posting what you dislike if u've never been in such a position?
    Because I have been in an EVENT shooting position, just NOT a wedding position. I wasn't paid for that alone but I still take pride in all aspects of my work, get it?

As for the way I have with words, I am aware of my abilities to sting with words and I am also aware of my abilities to be nice but when people are inconsiderate, I see no need to be nice to them.

This is afterall a photography forum where we discuss what we dislike or like in any particular photography related event and if you want to be politically correct to the point of not being able to express your words then that is your choice. But don't try to forcefeed your opinions on me with your barbs, they don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Short, curly & dark one at that....
    did i mention that the bride's maid is a blond?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Hey, you new camera strap looks like a thong to me.

Den a curling gold hair it shall be...

Because I have been in an EVENT shooting position, just NOT a wedding position. I wasn't paid for that alone but I still take pride in all aspects of my work, get it?

As for the way I have with words, I am aware of my abilities to sting with words and I am also aware of my abilities to be nice but when people are inconsiderate, I see no need to be nice to them.

This is afterall a photography forum where we discuss what we dislike or like in any particular photography related event and if you want to be politically correct to the point of not being able to express your words then that is your choice. But don't try to forcefeed your opinions on me with your barbs, they don't work.
    from retards to being force fed.

photography discussion indeed...

shootinge event for free huh? hey, u are such a positive contribution to our society!

Joho, fwiw I don't do wedding shoots nor do I get paid to do photography, BUT I do observe at wedddings or events and quite frankly, I don't see how having retards and braindead fools popping up to block the photographer while he is doing his shoot as being special. Perhaps you care to enlighten me? There is a difference between being inconsiderate and genuinely being unaware. Once or twice, I can attribute to being unaware but when it happens all the time, it's plain inconsiderate.

Arcanic, fact is, I am not saying there cannot be people nor am I saying everyone should give way to the photographer all the time. Take for example the exchange of kisses or the rings, it's a special moment for the bride and groom and what better way to mess up a shot than to have someone inconsiderate enough to suddenly pop up?

And guys, if you don't like my remarks, then let's agree to disagree. jsbn started a topic on what objects irk us when we do shoots for events or weddings so I am giving my slant on things. I am sure you have your own ideas of what irk you so there.
    I guess it also have a little to do with the rapport that the photographer have with the guests. First and foremost, the main characters are the couple, and as a wedding photographer, one should know that you will be shooting an event, where nobody is going to stand still for you, or get out of your way all the time. I thought my photographer did a great job, he managed to blend himself into the crowd and gets friendly with everybody, and when he needed to take some shots without being block , he will say loudly something like "Ok ah, going to shoot the couple now ah, all those not supposed to be in the shot , stand oneside and watch ah", or he will said " Aiya brother , you blocking the main characters leh" all these were said without sounding offensive as he already, like I said , blended himself into the crowd, and within 10 mins, is already like a friend to everybody.

I guess as a photographer, besides trigerring away, also need some EQ lah......

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    from retards to being force fed.

photography discussion indeed...

shootinge event for free huh? hey, u are such a positive contribution to our society!
    Did I say it was EXCLUSIVELY an event shoot? Please lah open up and READ and COMPREHEND before being so quick to retort lah. I am not a professional photographer but being a designer I am also asked to shoot for my clients during the event. You have a problem with that?

Who was the one who started having a go at my answer to the threadstarter's question?

As I said Joho, you not happy, that's your own pasal. You have your own dislikes and I have mine. I state mine, too bad if you don't agree.

Erm... I think this had gone a little far for me to disturb the peace in kopitiam.

For the sake of everyone without anyone getting exterminated, I guess its time for me to bring this to an end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12