Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FZ5 price...??

Default Re: FZ5 price...??

Quote Originally Posted by jlpk007
    i need to read up.... the aperture priority and shutter speed....if i want my focus object to be clear and background blur...aperture must set to higher(toward 8) or smaller (f2.8)???sorry me noob...previous cam is a lc20..super p&s type...wanna learn more that why i choose this camera...
    u got to set at F2.8 which mean wider. As the depth of field would decreased rather then setting at F8 which mean it focus further.

meaning if i want a flower to be focus and background i have to set f2.8 (somewhere along this range...).??

meaning if i want a flower to be focus and background i have to set f2.8 (somewhere along this range...).??
    ya if want background out of focus, u got to set wider aperture. Hope any pro bros can give u more advise. keke

thx.. ..wat is the auto bracket for
    Last edited by jlpk007; 26th March 2006 at 04:10 PM.

finally got the camera....it is such a big improvement from my old lc20... ...i still very new to this camera..doesnt know how to use the priority mode....
    Thinking of getting one as well. Care to share where and how much it cost?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_teo
    Thinking of getting one as well. Care to share where and how much it cost?

Thanks.
    me got it from catahy photo,marina square(equote)...610 without gst...and free 2x 512 lexar sd card(normal card) with the hard case.....

i must said the service was good...the sale person was patient cause me was asking a lot of questionn

i saw one at APO electorinic in Lucky Plaza, they can sell the standard package at 550sgd. however, im not sure if its advisable to purchase from that place.

550 is abit too cheap to be true.....
    OLympus EP3 17mm..

me got it from catahy photo,marina square(equote)...610 without gst...and free 2x 512 lexar sd card(normal card) with the hard case.....

i must said the service was good...the sale person was patient cause me was asking a lot of questionn
    I think that's good price, very useful free cards (normal speed is still respectable).

FZ5 is got all the respectable features, compared wif many new ones.

Just came back fr taiwan. Took P mode snaps of night market without flash, in iso400. (even day shot, by accident)
    http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mar.../ph//my_photos

A good travel partner!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    I think that's good price, very useful free cards (normal speed is still respectable).

FZ5 is got all the respectable features, compared wif many new ones.

Just came back fr taiwan. Took P mode snaps of night market without flash, in iso400. (even day shot, by accident)
    http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mar.../ph//my_photos

A good travel partner!
    today bringing my camera out for first holiday trip...(malaysia only)....so excited... ...last time my old campanion is a lumix lc20...but no manual control and the shutter lag is too big....
    OLympus EP3 17mm..

Post some photos to share
    me still waiting for FZ7

I used the FZ5 too, is really a very gd camera. But I read from reviews that FZ7 isn't really a significant upgrade from FZ5. The ISO performance is even worse than FZ5. The higher ISO like 800 and 1600 is not recommended to use as the pictures lose too much details due to the heavy noise reduction..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

i need to read up.... the aperture priority and shutter speed....if i want my focus object to be clear and background blur...aperture must set to higher(toward 8) or smaller (f2.8)???sorry me noob...previous cam is a lc20..super p&s type...wanna learn more that why i choose this camera...
    bigger aperture will be better say f8 but i have to let u understand tat even at f8, it's rather hard o have tat effect though for PnS. unless u zoom to the max or the background is far from the subj. i have a fz5 going to let it off around early may. cos after learning the manual controls and stuff, decided to upgrade. but the OIS is really good and for out door, this camera really shines due to it's lecia lens... damn good contrast and sharpness. for indoor, get a external flash... the pics will come out rather good.

taken using fz5 with external flash.
    tell mi if u wan more pictures cos i dun wanna flood it too much with pics haha.
    maybe more specific wat type of pictures u wan. those low depth of field or outdoors or macro or stuff then i see whether i can help. k?
    Last edited by xiaowugui82; 12th April 2006 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaowugui82
    bigger aperture will be better say f8 but i have to let u understand tat even at f8, it's rather hard o have tat effect though for PnS. unless u zoom to the max or the background is far from the subj. i have a fz5 going to let it off around early may. cos after learning the manual controls and stuff, decided to upgrade. but the OIS is really good and for out door, this camera really shines due to it's lecia lens... damn good contrast and sharpness. for indoor, get a external flash... the pics will come out rather good.

taken using fz5 with external flash.
    tell mi if u wan more pictures cos i dun wanna flood it too much with pics haha.
    maybe more specific wat type of pictures u wan. those low depth of field or outdoors or macro or stuff then i see whether i can help. k?
    This camera is good if you take a lot of outdoor shots. Very sharp lens.

Think the FZ5 is a good PnS camera. Very easy to use and get accostomed to. No problem taking outdoors - but for indoors especially if the lighting is not good, must really use external flash (flash too puny).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123