Thread: IT show tripod

Default IT show tripod

Hi,

Need some advice here... Ive been to the IT show yesterday. Been thinking of buying a tripod. But I think I only managed to see the steinzeiser tripod. Couldnt find manfrotto or slik. Anyway, I am contemplating between the steinzeiser 3013 which costs $150 (comes with a ball head i think) and the slik (forgot the model) which costs $170 (comes with a simple head) from cathay photo. Now, I do not really know which one to get. So, I need some opinions, anyone can tell me which is a better buy. Also, I heard that steinzeiser is made in china whilst slik is made in japan. My bro told me that china goods not so realiable, but thats just a subjective remark. So..... any ideas???

Thanks

Default Re: IT show tripod

Oh... some info of the slik tripod i talking about.... the cathay guy told me its comparable to manfrotto 190Pro.... ya....

get the slik 330dx. $120 w/gst only. good and light

Thanks for ur fast reply....
    issit comparable with the manfrotto 190Pro? what head does it come with?

Im actually looking for a tripod that can go low angle and basically does everything the manfrotto 190Pro can do....

Quote Originally Posted by duhduh83
    Thanks for ur fast reply....
    issit comparable with the manfrotto 190Pro? what head does it come with?
    no head included.
    The Slik 330DX comes with 3 way pan head. Can be inverted & also go low angle. Valur for $
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

first you must understand and ask yourself how much weight you will want your future tripod to support, plus a gd ballhead that can withstand your camera's + lens weight will be essential.

so.... is the stein zeiser a gd buy or not? cos the IT show coming to an end soon....
    i want my tripod to support about 5Kg load.... and both the tripods mentioned are able to do so....

need help pls.... maybe going down IT show today if i still wanna get the stein zeiser....

need help pls.... maybe going down IT show today if i still wanna get the stein zeiser....
    i think forget about this brand...no clue about it.

ok thanks! so i shall stick to slik then....
    but then im just wondering... whether the ball head that comes with the stein zeiser is gd??

ok thanks! so i shall stick to slik then....
    but then im just wondering... whether the ball head that comes with the stein zeiser is gd??
    For $150 with ball head, I am sure the ballhead sucks

The only thing i can say in...

Good things never come cheap...

haha... ok...
    so what do you guys look for in a ball head actually? i thought "can use can already"....
    advice pls

Ball head get those that can take heavy loads. Movement when not locked should be smooth yet not too loose.
    Tried cheapo ballheads, when released the ballhead so loose & feels weird.
    I do not like ball heads with just 1 knob to do everything.
    Currently using Giottos one, got 3 knobs...1 main knob for tightening ballhead, 1 for friction control (so even release main knob it will no be totally smooth, 1 for horizontal axis (useful for panning)

Guess you've heard of the legendary Manfrotto 190 - can never go wrong with it. If you wish to upgrade in future, no problem selling it in BnS. It's not that expensive compared to the others like Slik, Velbon or whatever. And a Manfrotto is made to last a lifetime, provided you do not abuse it.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

yes yes yes.... problem is, manfrotto not selling anymore.... the CP guy told me theyre changing distributor or something.... so he recommended me the Slik instead and told me its a better buy than manfrotto..... well, considering that hes quite an old chap and seems to know alot about tripods, im putting my trust in him lol.... but u think slik is not comparable to manfrotto? the guy at CP told me that the slik has a lower height at wide angle.... and is considerably more stable than manfrotto...... told me a long story about his problems when he mounted a 10K plus lens on the manfrotto and the whole thing slided down.... he said he only trust gittzo..... and recommended me the slik...... ok i dont know whether hes saying that just because they dont have manfrotto stock..... so..... hear frm you.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    Guess you've heard of the legendary Manfrotto 190 - can never go wrong with it. If you wish to upgrade in future, no problem selling it in BnS. It's not that expensive compared to the others like Slik, Velbon or whatever. And a Manfrotto is made to last a lifetime, provided you do not abuse it.