Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20D owners - do we realli need to go for a 30D?

Default 20D owners - do we realli need to go for a 30D?

20D owners, do we really need to go for a 30D "upgrade"? Our cam is less than 1 year old and why should we waste so much money to change to something that has only a bigger LCD screen and other small features? I guess there are still some ppl who juz can't control their mental weakness ...... Or do you think we should get it ?
    always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: 20D owners - do we realli need to go for a 30D?

its more than 1 year old for those early adopters, nearly 1.5 years or more...

anyway, if u dun buy, den it might end up like Minolta, you end up without any lenses, and new body, den u have to go join Nikon gang.. u wan that? if not, den better go get yourself a 30D...

/me call espn here to shout his slogan...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Heh. Funny..

Anyway, I really don't see the point of upgrading from the 20D to the 30D. There just isn't enough improvements. Besides, since when do you "need" to upgrade? It all depends on what you feel, how you shoot and of course how deep are your pockets. But i think the main question you should ask is: "Will upgrading let me take certain kind of shots I would miss with the 20D?" 'Cos upgrading your body sure as hell won't improve your shooting skills overnight.

there's no need. but if u want, could afford it and getting the 30D makes u happy, go for it

For me, my sentiments is same as Denosha as the margin of upgrade is not big. However, you may set your target like higher end models (1D MK II N), bigger upgrade margin

You got to distinguish NEEDS and WANTS first

I'm a 10D user and I still don't see a big enough reason to change to 30D. Some more the mirror slap still as noisy.

stil as noisy? canon ppl dont seem to be listenin to consumer comments about 20d then...

me not 20D user, but the 30D isn't tempting me to jump from my 10D to it anyway...

its looks more like a 20Da than a totally new model to me..

no but i just upgraded to a 1D and i can see why people say once you go 1 series you never go back.

the feel of the cam and the 8 fps makes my 20D feel like a toy.

just switching the viewfinders and you are like wtf is wrong with the 20D

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    no but i just upgraded to a 1D and i can see why people say once you go 1 series you never go back.

the feel of the cam and the 8 fps makes my 20D feel like a toy.

just switching the viewfinders and you are like wtf is wrong with the 20D
    1D MKI?

wait till u use a MKII or 1Ds MKII, then you will know what you really missing (not only the handling, but also on image quality)
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    20D owners, do we really need to go for a 30D "upgrade"? Our cam is less than 1 year old and why should we waste so much money to change to something that has only a bigger LCD screen and other small features? I guess there are still some ppl who juz can't control their mental weakness ...... Or do you think we should get it ?
    Hi,
    Directed not at yourself (as it is an open question) but to fellow 20D users.

Can you say you have reached your limit with the 20D ?

You have all the lens, "L series" and you have out grown the 20D ?

If so, I would love to see your work.

The 20D in the right hands is a GREAT camera and going to the 30D is not going to make bad hands better.

Just my thinking so don't take offence.

By the way. anyone that is going to switch from their 20D to a 30D ... PM me with a price to buy your 20D.
    I don't mind having 1 or 2 backups
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

some i tink are just tech-racers who want the newest and better ones. dun forget that we need such pple to stimulate the economy

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Personally, the 20D to the 30D improvement is a minor one and not worth a 2.4K upgrade unless u've got money to burn or u're juz one of those techie-wannabes who feel that the latest gadget & the best lenses in ur hands and ur physical image of looking pro is more important over more important things.... like good photos.

For me, if I'm upgrading, the next camera in-hand that will tempt me very much and try and make me find an excuse to upgrade is a camera with at least 50% major improvements over my previous cam. Sensor quality, Colour & Noise Control taking the first 3 spots.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Personally, the 20D to the 30D improvement is a minor one and not worth a 2.4K upgrade unless u've got money to burn or u're juz one of those techie-wannabes who feel that the latest gadget & the best lenses in ur hands and ur physical image of looking pro is more important over more important things.... like good photos.

For me, if I'm upgrading, the next camera in-hand that will tempt me very much and try and make me find an excuse to upgrade is a camera with at least 50% major improvements over my previous cam. Sensor quality, Colour & Noise Control taking the first 3 spots.
    U r right..the release of 30D is only to prove that 20D is still a good keeper . Maybe still can tahan another yr......For me i think sensor crop factor are more important to me.eg 1.3 or FULL FRAME & bigger pix.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Hi,
    Directed not at yourself (as it is an open question) but to fellow 20D users.

Can you say you have reached your limit with the 20D ?

You have all the lens, "L series" and you have out grown the 20D ?

If so, I would love to see your work.

The 20D in the right hands is a GREAT camera and going to the 30D is not going to make bad hands better.

Just my thinking so don't take offence.

By the way. anyone that is going to switch from their 20D to a 30D ... PM me with a price to buy your 20D.
    I don't mind having 1 or 2 backups

try shooting high speed sports with the 20D ..

even volleyball is almost impossible to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    1D MKI?

wait till u use a MKII or 1Ds MKII, then you will know what you really missing (not only the handling, but also on image quality)

need more money

my car just broke down so no more buying of equiptment for a while

Quote Originally Posted by hpi3evo
    U r right..the release of 30D is only to prove that 20D is still a good keeper . Maybe still can tahan another yr......For me i think sensor crop factor are more important to me.eg 1.3 or FULL FRAME & bigger pix.
    Personally I think the sensor size plays more part in noise control and colour.

Of cos, it wun hurt having a 1.3x or Full Frame Sensor anytime.
    But den again, a 50% improvement in my camera means that my photo skill power must be a 50% powerup as well as my lobangs must also be 50% powerup also. Otherwise I'd have wasted the money.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

There might not even be any reason for 350D owners to spring for a 30D, let alone current 20D users. However, assuming that I was just stepping into DSLRs, then jumping straight for a 20D instead of a 350D is going to make more sense now than it did less than one year ago.

I was reading the 30D advertised on the Sunday TImes papers today and felt amused. They only could advertise the general features found on Canon DSLRs, esp the 20D, like having Digic II, 5 frames/sec (tink this is in too), CMOS sensor, ISO 100-1600, a huge range of Canon lenses etc. All those flowery words... *YAWN*

The ONLY diff from the 20D is the mention of a 2.5" LCD screen! U go make a decision if u want to change the 20 to a 30....

For me, selling the 20D cos there is a 30D on the market is very foolish, unless $ is not yr issue and u are a techonology chaser. I won't let wannabes get my 20D for dirt price! 20D still rocks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast