Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circular polarizer for FZ5

Default Re: Circular polarizer for FZ5

Hi
    I have the Hoya 55mm Circ Polariser which I bought for my FZ5.
    I actually used it once to test the phone and it has been in storage since.
    Bought from MS Color for $54 brand new . If you are interested, do PM me and we can discuss a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent
    Hi
    I have the Hoya 55mm Circ Polariser which I bought for my FZ5.
    I actually used it once to test the phone and it has been in storage since.
    Bought from MS Color for $54 brand new . If you are interested, do PM me and we can discuss a deal.
    hmm..strange price. i dont recall my cir-polarising hoya costs that much..at the most $30 or so...

55mm for cpl is usually priced around 35-40 (hoya) unless you are getting 2h

for me, i'm using a linear polarizer with mine, but it's just that the effects of it don't appear to be really obvious. there's just a slight difference when i turn the thing, and i'm not too sure if i'm using it properly. are there any ways to make the sky like a very much deeper blue, or is it the polarizer itself which decides the intensity?

i brought a new 55mm marumi cpl for $30 from digital pt, if u dont mind the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    hmm..strange price. i dont recall my cir-polarising hoya costs that much..at the most $30 or so...
    i can't find the receipt but the price tag on the box is indicated as $54.
    I may have bargained it down a little but can't remember how much but definitely not $30. I will only let go at around $40...otherwise better to keep it.

alternatively, daxiong, you can meet up with metallilan and have him bring you to the place that sells it for $30 as that's a pretty good deal...circ polarisers aren't that cheap.... or go for the lesser known brands..I doubt you can tell the difference...
    cheers

I may have bargained it down a little but can't remember how much but definitely not $30. I will only let go at around $40...otherwise better to keep it.

alternatively, daxiong, you can meet up with metallilan and have him bring you to the place that sells it for $30 as that's a pretty good deal...circ polarisers aren't that cheap.... or go for the lesser known brands..I doubt you can tell the difference...
    cheers
    my hoya 55mm cir polarizer also cost ard $50 as well. Not a mistake although i purchase around oct05. The price cant drop that much

cheers
    geez my memory must be rusty already...haha. can't even remember the price of the stuff i bought i got mine at john 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by DaXiong
    Normally we use it when....

the sun light is too strong (eg; mid day) which cause over cast, color become not rich.
    & shooting pic where there is some strong reflection (from water or glass etc)
    Am i correct?

Does it means that for outdoor usage we only use it around 12 pm to 4pm? Normally under what circumstance u will use it?

hee..... pai say pai say .. lots of stupid questions...
    The polarizing effect is maximum only at certain angle to the sun....usually perpendicular to the sun path.....make a gun shape with your finger, with thumb pointing to sun. Where your finger point is where the best polarizing effect occurs....or so I read in photography books.

really, john 3.16 told me the CP is only 35.

maybe yours is higher quality?

Quote Originally Posted by kentay
    really, john 3.16 told me the CP is only 35.

maybe yours is higher quality?
    i thought hoya all the same one? i bought mine from there also...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12