Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which laptop to buy?

Default Which laptop to buy?

The IT show just started today. Laptop prices seem reasonable though not fantastic I must say.

Currently, aiming for Asus largely because of its 2 years warranty and the convenience of its service center in town. Anyone has any experience with Asus laptop?

Any other laptop to recommend? I am not too keen on Toshiba because of my brother's bad experience with his Toshiba laptop.

Default Re: Which laptop to buy?

IBM T60. Solid.

Lenovo X series Thinkpad. There's one with a Core Duo 1.87Ghz.

im using a asus for the past 3 years and have had nothing but great praise for my laptop.

Having said that .. i wish it would spoil soon so i can get the new powermac

or at least an old powerbook

the most expensive one! my good girl friend just went lappy shopping ytd and she just said the most expensive one with the design she likes with the hefty pricetag will be the best one. i can't stop laughing haha.

but sorry to OT abit. i personally feel that asus lappy would make a good one though i never bought one at all. just went browsing thru and asus designs seems nices and weights and everything is good. performance wise great as well =)
    I Love You :)

Get a Mac and you'll never turn back dude...

Jokes aside, I've been using a Mac for the past 2 years and have nothing but praises for it (mostly anyway...)

Quote Originally Posted by HoRsE
    Get a Mac and you'll never turn back dude...

Jokes aside, I've been using a Mac for the past 2 years and have nothing but praises for it (mostly anyway...)

not funny, aside from the dead harddisk within 15 months, my mac PB is a great tool

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    the most expensive one! my good girl friend just went lappy shopping ytd and she just said the most expensive one with the design she likes with the hefty pricetag will be the best one. i can't stop laughing haha.

but sorry to OT abit. i personally feel that asus lappy would make a good one though i never bought one at all. just went browsing thru and asus designs seems nices and weights and everything is good. performance wise great as well =)
    Well, thats what most girls think what!
    I bought my Fujitsu laptop 1 or 2 mths back. I wanted something light and flat, so that it will be easier for me to travel around with. I needed something fast and also lotsa space for me to store all my photos, so I upgraded the specs too. Now what I want is a portable hard disk, then I can have more storage space! ^_^ Anyway, I was thinking of Asus then. But decided to go with Fujitsu in the end.
    Have you read IT???

Quote Originally Posted by code
    The IT show just started today. Laptop prices seem reasonable though not fantastic I must say.

Currently, aiming for Asus largely because of its 2 years warranty and the convenience of its service center in town. Anyone has any experience with Asus laptop?

Any other laptop to recommend? I am not too keen on Toshiba because of my brother's bad experience with his Toshiba laptop.
    HP is giving away 2nd n 3rd yr warrenty free... just talk to their sales... and hp service centre is at alexandra distri... not too far away

cheers!

Deregistered

Mac 17" PB

Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    HP is giving away 2nd n 3rd yr warrenty free... just talk to their sales... and hp service centre is at alexandra distri... not too far away

cheers!
    Buy from Apple and if theres anything wrong with it, u can bring it down to the Apple store at Wheelock Place. Town area! I'm not promoting hor, cos me not working there this time. But seriously Apple is good, if you are gonna use it for photo/video editing. Too bad I'm used to Windows, if not I will get a Mac, and not a Fujitsu.
    Have you read IT???

Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    Buy from Apple and if theres anything wrong with it, u can bring it down to the Apple store at Wheelock Place. Town area! I'm not promoting hor, cos me not working there this time. But seriously Apple is good, if you are gonna use it for photo/video editing. Too bad I'm used to Windows, if not I will get a Mac, and not a Fujitsu.
    then you should get used to both...
    i also learning both "windmacs"

nec this time also offering great prices. check them out

You may check out the Acer notebook with Duo core processor with 2GB Ram and a Dedicated graphic card. I just bought it for a friend. You can contact this person if you interested 9139 5150. They have 0% installment option.

Opps forget.. I get it at $2499 paying by Nets.
    Last edited by alwayschampion; 12th March 2006 at 11:52 AM.

Just got an Asus one. Couldn't resist the temptation haha.

Forget about the Powerbook seriously. I've had very bad experiences in my just over a year of owning the 15 inch Powerbook. Mainboard had to be replaced on 2 occasions, about 6 mths apart, and LCD had to be replaced once. I was VERY distressed during the down time. Lucky I bought .edu package so I had 3 years Applecare. Also I had lots of software issues. OS wise it's great, no viruses/spyware, but add the hardware failures and it just did not cut it for me.

So when my Powerbook got stolen last mth, I decided to jump back to Windows based machine, and deliberated between Fujitsu and Lenovo-IBM. Ended up with Fujitsu S7021 because there was a special offer on it (3 years warranty), plus it is one of the few laptops still genuinely Made in Japan. QC , HOPEFULLY.

This being said, I think the Acer laptops are great value, but I just don't like the bent keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by code
    Just got an Asus one. Couldn't resist the temptation haha.
    e 19 inch screen is damn solid!dou processor!!but for me i got myself a toshiba a100 hmnn powerpack as well!

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    e 19 inch screen is damn solid!dou processor!!but for me i got myself a toshiba a100 hmnn powerpack as well!
    i'm using it now

Fujitsu tablets not on display? I love my T4020, might not be bleeding edge but the design and usability is there. Upgraded from the T4010 within 6 mths as the price of the T4020 was cheaper than the orig price I paid for the T4010.

I'll say go for a tablet rather than a laptop. If you prefer something of a smaller form factor, wait for microsoft's origami devices. google it, there's lots of slick flash animations showcasing them

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jason
    Forget about the Powerbook seriously. I've had very bad experiences in my just over a year of owning the 15 inch Powerbook. Mainboard had to be replaced on 2 occasions, about 6 mths apart, and LCD had to be replaced once. I was VERY distressed during the down time. Lucky I bought .edu package so I had 3 years Applecare. Also I had lots of software issues. OS wise it's great, no viruses/spyware, but add the hardware failures and it just did not cut it for me.

So when my Powerbook got stolen last mth, I decided to jump back to Windows based machine, and deliberated between Fujitsu and Lenovo-IBM. Ended up with Fujitsu S7021 because there was a special offer on it (3 years warranty), plus it is one of the few laptops still genuinely Made in Japan. QC , HOPEFULLY.

This being said, I think the Acer laptops are great value, but I just don't like the bent keyboard.
    What do you mean by bent keyboard ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast