Thread: Crazy Looking Flower Thing (Yes... thats the technical name for it!)

Default Crazy Looking Flower Thing (Yes... thats the technical name for it!)

I would like critique on this pic please, compostion and colourwise, and anything else you guys can throw at me.

Thanks

Default Re: Crazy Looking Flower Thing (Yes... thats the technical name for it!)

i think a square crop will do just fine

Default Re: Crazy Looking Flower Thing (Yes... thats the technical name for it!)

Yes, yes, too much space on the right but a rectagular frame can also do!

The flower can do with a bit more depth of field.

Just my opinion.

Isn't that a lotus root?

Nice colours.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

i find the background too "black". Personally I find looking at this kind of flowers give me calm and peace, but the black background seem like giving me an weird feeling. composition is rather ok, it is how you wanna interpret this picture to the reader, as long you follow the one-third rule. but just that I find the flower and background do not "get" together

just my personal feel

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Isn't that a lotus root?

Nice colours.
    Yup it is, but i prefer my title

Quote Originally Posted by vincenthau
    i find the background too "black". Personally I find looking at this kind of flowers give me calm and peace, but the black background seem like giving me an weird feeling. composition is rather ok, it is how you wanna interpret this picture to the reader, as long you follow the one-third rule. but just that I find the flower and background do not "get" together

just my personal feel
    Ok, so do u guys feel that this one is better then?

Actually the green in the center is a little too much. There's a feel to the colours that makes it all seem too overtly processed. The composition is also off. I'd probably would've gone closer or wider, or forgo the shot in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by shojibake
    Actually the green in the center is a little too much. There's a feel to the colours that makes it all seem too overtly processed. The composition is also off. I'd probably would've gone closer or wider, or forgo the shot in the first place.
    there was no colour processing on that shot, it came out like that on the camera

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Yup it is, but i prefer my title
    LOL... you almost got me there....
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/