Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feisol vs Manfrotto (Tripod Quality)

Default Re: Feisol vs Manfrotto (Tripod Quality)

my own insight...

used to own a manfrotto 190DB. good, light, stable.
    however it can't support my heavier ball-head and camera body with lens, thus i sold it and upgraded to..

Manfrotto 055ProB. love this tripod.
    Heavy, very strong, very sturdy. the tripod legs weigh around 2.5kg+- and to top it off, i've a heavy ball-head back then. carrying it the whole day is a killer. try it, ur back will suffer when u lie down on the bed at night. ha!

because back then i was doing alot of landscape and night shoots, i need a carbon fibre tripod for lighter travel and carrying. furthermore as mentioned in this thread, CF tripods are strong and durable. the best of it all, they are light.

i chanced upon Feisol after being alerted to it by a fellow CSer. alot of research at different websites confirmed that the Feisol is a good tripod. best of it all, they are affordable, as compared to other CF tripods of varius brands. S$350+-

i sold my heavy 055ProB and bought the Feisol CT3301.
    my Feisol is strong and sturdy. its very stable too. i'm delighted with this 'China-made cheapo tripod'. it performs.

with my ball-head, the tripod weighs only 2kg whereas my 055 was around 4kg.
    i use my Feisol tripod regularly and my back benefitted tremendously. i never look back.

i'm getting on in age...

get a Feisol CF tripod. affordable and good. highly recommended for the serious hobbyists.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

OT...Gitzo

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted
    OT...Gitzo
    too $$.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnQuah
    Hi Hi

Wanna hear your opinion.

I was actually told that carbon tripods are light but less "impact endurance" compared to the aluminium ones..... due to the nature of it... they are hard but brittle when force is applied in the transverse direction.... I have not personally used on before, this was what I was told when I want to upgrade to a CF Tripod... I end up buying the alu ones instead....
    i think wat u're referring to is a direct impact on the CF legs of the tripod? well, unless u purposely find some big and heavy to whack the legs, i doubt it will break. i've seen aluminimum (albeit cheap ones) tripod legs buckling under a heavy camera. i've yet to see a CF tripod break from usage. heavily scratched, yes. breaking, nope.

as CC pointed out, users who go for CF tripods are becos of the weight. i used to have the 055. lovely tripod. but, once i sold off all my MF gear, it literally became a dead-weight. in the end, sold it off to a great chap and bought a 190D. so, it really depends on ur intended usage. do u need to move ard a lot, with a lot of gear? if so, bite the bullet, get a good CF tripod. if not, join the rest of the mere mortals and get a aluminimun one!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12