rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by rueyloon
    still pretty exciting stuff, maybe this is the new "film" after all

d100 - sony CCD
    canon - canon CMOS, canon CCD
    fujifilm - super CCD
    sigma - x3
    minolta - ?
    don't forget Kodak with their own upcoming proprietary CCD sensor as well as the one licensed to be used in the Kodak DCS 14n.

Minolta is likely never going to have a new DSLR. My prediction
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Originally posted by tomshen
    Unfortunately at that time there will be X9 technology but not totally mature, so u have to wait another generation, and it goes on and on... I would say someone who is happy with film still can find fun. No need to plan a roadmap for DSLR unless you feel the desire to own one. In that case, get it TODAY and enjoy shooting.
    I'm still using film till now (and prosumer digicam for casual shots), there is no urge for me to get a DSLR. But I feel it is necessary for me to know their technology path altough I may or may not use it depend of what I need. The camera is just a tools, I need to know each merit before I can make use of its advantage.
    So it is not a desire, but a matter of choosing a right tools.

Originally posted by rueyloon
    still pretty exciting stuff, maybe this is the new "film" after all

d100 - sony CCD
    canon - canon CMOS, canon CCD
    fujifilm - super CCD
    sigma - x3
    minolta - ?
    Don't forget the 3/4" system by FujiOlyDak.

Originally posted by tsdh

I'm still using film till now (and prosumer digicam for casual shots), there is no urge for me to get a DSLR. But I feel it is necessary for me to know their technology path altough I may or may not use it depend of what I need. The camera is just a tools, I need to know each merit before I can make use of its advantage.
    So it is not a desire, but a matter of choosing a right tools.
    Personally i feel that once one becomes accustomed to a tool, be it film or digital, it's not easy to make the transformation. I heard many pple complain to me the weakness of digital, while I am complaining that of film as well. And all of us have fun in photography. To me it's good to have both formats, more choices are better than fewer.

Originally posted by tomshen
    Personally i feel that once one becomes accustomed to a tool, be it film or digital, it's not easy to make the transformation. I heard many pple complain to me the weakness of digital, while I am complaining that of film as well. And all of us have fun in photography. To me it's good to have both formats, more choices are better than fewer.
    To have both format is good, I agree with that, each have its own advantage. In fact, I use both film and digital. And never complain because I know what I can expect and what I can't. I choose the format I need for certain shooting situation.
    So I'm not talking about transformation, but the knowledge to choose. Today I use film, but tomorrow I may grab a DSLR because I need it, then the next day I may use back the film. remember it is just a tool, for me there is no transformation, but extending our knowledge to get familiar with both format, so that we can utilise the advantages instead of complaining.

Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Hi

woah....resolution wise it is so much better than the D60.....
    this is getting interesting
    Not only that, I heard Leica is making third party lenses for the Sigma SD-9....

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Not only that, I heard Leica is making third party lenses for the Sigma SD-9....
    oh my wat a heretical thought!
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Blog Entries

Default SD9 on Sale in HK

Just came back from HK. Saw a number of shops selling the SD9. The price is about 11k - 12k HK dollars. Some package with lens - sorry cannot remember the specs of the lens (holiday with family very difficult ... heheh)

found a good quote about Sigma from photo.net
    The Foveon sensor really hasn't proven itself yet. It blows out color on slight overexposure, there's a bloom around bright lights, Sigma limited it to ISO 400 and a 1s exposure, presumably because of noise problems and there appear to be some chromatic aberration issues.

Maybe these will be sorted out in the next generation of sensors, but right now I'd rather have Canon's CMOS sensor. Resolution is good, but it's certainly not everything. If the Foveon had twice the resolution at half the price, then maybe I'd take a second look and perhaps forgive some of the deficiencies!
    Full thead is here: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=0046Ah

qhelix
    Guests

Default Re: SD9 on Sale in HK

Originally posted by chngpe01
    The price is about 11k - 12k HK dollars.
    So what's that in Singapore dollars?

Blog Entries

It is abt S$2750 - 3000 (divide HK$ by 4)

qhelix
    Guests

My goodness...that's really cheap compared to the current DSLR. It's seriously something I can consider...

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12