Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel Light - Regional Photo trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia

Default Re: Travel Light - Regional Photo trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia

Hi everyone, on behalf of the COL Cambodia Trip committee, I would like update you on the trip:

We have just set up the committee for this trip. So far, there are 15 of us, and 5 more slots for our local photographers.

'Travel light' has been used in an exhibition before, so we will be changing the Trip name to something else - to be announced on Sunday.

The date of the trip has also been finalized to be 21 JULY to 25 JULY (so check for available leave with your company now! )

As far as planning goes, the itenary is more or less finalized and we will be updating details like our sponsors, tickets etc etc as often as we can here. Alternatively you can also visit COL to check for updates. http://www.ecircleoflight.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=563

Please feel free to post your queries here or PM me if you are interested to join this trip.

5 more slots left
    Last edited by Edgar Su; 1st April 2006 at 01:41 AM.

Hi all,

My name is Lawrence and I just want to update you that we still have 1 slot remaining. In addition, we are starting a reserve lists to cater for the possibility of allowing more slots from Singapore.

If you are interested to join photographers from Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam for a rewarding photographic trip, you can consider joining up.

Do refer for more information here
    http://www.ecircleoflight.org/forum/...r=asc&start=45

The details of the trip are still being worked out but I will post a update soon with the places we aim to visit. These will include some places that are less accessible to the average tourist.

Do posts your questions here or you can PM me.

Thanks and Cheers

Apologies, I need to highlight that the title of the trip is no longer "Travel light" as the named had been used by Gwen Lee in her exhibition.

Here's the link to here recently concluded exhibition
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...light=gwen+lee

We are in the midst of correcting this oversight. Hence please note the name "Travel Light" will no longer refer to our upcoming trip to Cambodia.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyleo76
    Apologies, I need to highlight that the title of the trip is no longer "Travel light" as the named had been used by Gwen Lee in her exhibition.

Here's the link to here recently concluded exhibition
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...light=gwen+lee

We are in the midst of correcting this oversight. Hence please note the name "Travel Light" will no longer refer to our upcoming trip to Cambodia.
    Maybe can change to Travel Heavy.
    (Cos I cannot join this trip and travel light with a digicam).

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Su
    Hi everyone, on behalf of the COL Cambodia Trip committee, I would like update you on the trip:

We have just set up the committee for this trip. So far, there are 15 of us, and 5 more slots for our local photographers.

'Travel light' has been used in an exhibition before, so we will be changing the Trip name to something else - to be announced on Sunday.

The date of the trip has also been finalized to be 21 JULY to 25 JULY (so check for available leave with your company now! )

As far as planning goes, the itenary is more or less finalized and we will be updating details like our sponsors, tickets etc etc as often as we can here. Alternatively you can also visit COL to check for updates. http://www.ecircleoflight.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=563

Please feel free to post your queries here or PM me if you are interested to join this trip.

5 more slots left
    21 july? haha i'm going community service to Siem Reap also on the 21 july... so qiao... maybe can see u guys there... i'm using a FZ5 though... so dun think qualified too...

weekh: At the rate I am gaining weight: Travel Heavy is becomine appropriate?

xiaowugui82: Hope to see you there!

Hello,

just to inform you guys that the reserve list for the Trip is now open!

If you are interested do leave you name down at
    http://www.ecircleoflight.org/forum/...hp?p=2354#2354

Go to the link above also if you need more information.

We will likely open the number of places to more than 20. So do leave down your names if you are interested in a 4 day photography adventure.

I will be posting the detailed itinerary shorty, but before that, just to let you know that we will be visiting quite a few photogenic places, some of which are usually less accessible to tourists.

Cheers.

Hmmm...interesting... Just saw this thread. I will be going to Seam Reap myself in 1st week of May. Planning to try out my camera. All the best for the trip.
    (P.S. I'm a total clueless photog newbie )

Quote Originally Posted by Simon4rings
    Hmmm...interesting... Just saw this thread. I will be going to Seam Reap myself in 1st week of May. Planning to try out my camera. All the best for the trip.
    (P.S. I'm a total clueless photog newbie )
    Based on what we planned, I am very sure that you will find Seam Reap a land of many beautiful photos.

Have a good trip ya.

Hi guys! I'm going to Angkor Wat soon, just wondering if tripod is allowed in Jet Star airline? pls advise......

Hello all, some updates copied from the circle of light website.

For the latest updates, please refer to http://www.ecircleoflight.org/forum/...r=asc&start=60

To date, we have a total number of 40 participants from Singapore and Indonesia. 10 more will be coming from Vietnam pending confirmation.

1. A itinerary is already drawn out and will be released soon. Notably, we will be visiting some places which you will not normally visit on your tour to Cambodia. We will be visiting some of the more remote places which presents great photo opportunities.

2. We are also in the midst of sourcing for exhibition sites in Singapore. For our overseas participants, do get in touch if you are also planning a exhibition in your home countries. In fact, this is what we are trying to do, to have a touring exhibition amongst the participating nations.

All in all, thanks for your participation....this will surely be an exicting venture for all of us.
    Last edited by lazyleo76; 18th April 2006 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highspeed
    Hi guys! I'm going to Angkor Wat soon, just wondering if tripod is allowed in Jet Star airline? pls advise......
    Maybe they consider the spiked legs on the tripod as a weapon?
    I'm definitely hand carrying my camera gear onto Jetstar Asia (my tripod goes into main luggage bag).

hi guys!
    im also joining ( on the indonesian photographer list already )
    but im working in singapore, so can i also apply for the visa with you guys in singapore? ^__^

Just came back from there last weekend... Great Stuff! Take note that though the timing indicate it to be good time to go to certain places doesnt its great for photographers... July is going to be wet though...

Angkor Wat - Keep going back there... the lights produce a different temples, bring ND filter to 'ghost' out pple from the main walkways in low light, after 5PM is free if you buy pass for next day
    Kbal Spean - Dont bother as water only trickles and carvings are dissapointing
    Preah Khan - My 2nd favourite next to Angkor
    Bayon - 4PM onwards would be great as sidelighting only produce nice images here
    Ta Phrom - Just past noon i.e. 2PM is best timing as the 'tourist' go look for lunch
    Bantaey Srae - Worth the travel but bring 300mm
    Bakong - Best chance of getting pictures of monks
    Angkor Mondial - Apsara dancers for USD12 with buffet dinner, book for front row

Also, if you are travelling on your own like i did without a tour guide then its important to find a good tuk-tuk driver, mine was Votha (ongvotha@yahoo.com) who speaks english very well and generally nice person who knows people there... good to seek refuge at the stalls...

Get a good shoe... camera in one hand and tripod in the other, means no hands to balance... Bring sweets or chocolates and such to give to the kids, otherwise you might get bugged big time... especially if you want to take their pics... oh, you can buy guide book there Lonely Planet - Cambodia USD5!!!

Do enjoy this trip... alot of fun and err... alot of dust...
    Last edited by jaxxb; 21st April 2006 at 07:54 PM.

Peace of Angkor is a terrific guesthouse to stay at. The owner is an nice Englishman and he is a photographer too. And of course, the photographic opportunities are boundless

Hello all,

some major updates are available at http://www.ecircleoflight.org/forum/...hp?p=2410#2410

Please have a look

Thanks

Hello to all, please note that all who signed are for the trip in the reserve list are now in the main list as we have opened up the number of spaces to 25.

If you are still interested, kindly PM or post in the COL forum and we will put you in the reserve list

Hi all, I have been there recently. It's just gorgeous.
    Perhaps I would consider to travel there again shortly...
    Really a nice place for people, places and food as well. A great place for photos hunters.

Cambodia is a place that can touch your heart.
    Consider to take with you pencil, notebook, pens etc. They are real asset for little boys & girls you'll meet over there.
    Some candies as well, and you'll be rewarded with nice smiles.

Enjoy your travel to Siem Reap.

PS : Tripod is allowed on Jetstar Asia as cabin luggage.

http://www.ecircleoflight.org/showth...p?t=461&page=8

Hello, the COL website has had a major revamp. The new link to updates is as above.

Cheers

haiz. looks like i got no chance to go. Stupid National service.

Enjoy your trip guys.

Hopefully i can go for next years....
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast