Thread: Is it cheaper and worth it to buy Pro film in London?

Default Is it cheaper and worth it to buy Pro film in London?

Noticed that BH Photo in New York sells the Provia significantly cheaper than Singapore....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

As a general rule, no it's not. You can get film reasonably over here, and if you buy mail order you can actually probably get it cheaper than in SG, but that entails a mailing address, 24 hour turnaround, and a reasonable quantity to make the mailing costs worth it.

Thanks Jed!

Nae problem.

My experience is that film is much cheaper in Singapore. I was in London last week and asked for price of Provia 100 F - was 4-5 ponds depending on where u asked. In singapore can get for 8.50-9 SGD. Even print films seemed quite expensive. So if u plan to go there, I suggest that you stock up. NY of course may be a differenty story.

MingGuan
    Guests

Totally agreed. Film price is generally more expensive in UK, Europe, Australia and US as compared to Singapore. But their developing and printing cost is much cheaper than in Singapore. I used to ask my parents and friends to bring me loads of films whenever they visit me in the UK. That sort of help me to save on my photography expenses.

I also noticed that it's very difficult to buy Kodak and non-Fuji films in Japan. Everywhere I go in Japan, it's Fujifilm, Fujifilm and more FujiFilm. And films are also generally more expensive in Japan too as compared to Singapore.

I guess that's probably why increasingly, people are converting to digital photographers nowadays. Hmm...

Originally posted by Radix Lecti
    My experience is that film is much cheaper in Singapore. I was in London last week and asked for price of Provia 100 F - was 4-5 ponds depending on where u asked. In singapore can get for 8.50-9 SGD. Even print films seemed quite expensive. So if u plan to go there, I suggest that you stock up. NY of course may be a differenty story.

provia 400f is cheaper in uk, 3.55GBP

kodak elitechrome 100 is 1.95GBP and routinely given away free with magazines

provia 100f is more expensive at 3.55GBP, but i found www.fujilab.co.uk 's deal of 19.95GBP for 3 rolls of 100F+ processing/mounting to be reasonable. (many shops in London charge 6GBP for processing/mounting!)

Like I said originally, it is more expensive if you have no idea where to buy from. Provia 100F can be had for 3.09. Obviously, I'm not saying it can't be had for 6 per roll either. If not more.

Originally posted by erwinx
    provia 400f is cheaper in uk, 3.55GBP

kodak elitechrome 100 is 1.95GBP and routinely given away free with magazines

provia 100f is more expensive at 3.55GBP, but i found www.fujilab.co.uk 's deal of 19.95GBP for 3 rolls of 100F+ processing/mounting to be reasonable. (many shops in London charge 6GBP for processing/mounting!)
    Thanks erwinx. any pointers as to where I could get the Provia 400F at 3.55GBP?