Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

  1. #1

    Default Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Hello

    thinking of selling some of the stuff out from Singapore, how do I find out the shipping charge ? and what kind of secure shipping (with tracking and insurance) do we have here ?

    ya, I know for fexed and stuff, but how to check rate ? any experienced ebayer or yahooer to show the way ?

    cheers
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    Hello

    thinking of selling some of the stuff out from Singapore, how do I find out the shipping charge ? and what kind of secure shipping (with tracking and insurance) do we have here ?

    ya, I know for fexed and stuff, but how to check rate ? any experienced ebayer or yahooer to show the way ?

    cheers
    can bring your staff to a friendly POSToffice to check on charges. and types of postage, usually cheaper. They also have FedEx service.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    can bring your staff to a friendly POSToffice to check on charges.
    wah... you make it sound like my staff commited an offence like that.... keke....
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    can bring your staff to a friendly POSToffice to check on charges. and types of postage, usually cheaper. They also have FedEx service.
    Also can check thier website.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    RL make sure you enquire for stuffs like registered mail, option for tracking service.
    Last month i sent 3 copies of DVDs to my wedding clients in France, and i was in a rush to get it posted, so didn't enquire about any extra options to make it more secured, the lady in the counter didn't advice me too, and i kind of expected, the parcel went MIA. I barked Singpost for weeks to help me trace the parcel but it failed as they don't keep track of ordinary mails (not-registered).
    Today i'm going to send the replacement DVDs, this time i'll going to get whatever extra options they have to make sure my clients receive them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    send by UPS have a online quote system. just key in the details will do... simpler...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    RL make sure you enquire for stuffs like registered mail, option for tracking service.
    Last month i sent 3 copies of DVDs to my wedding clients in France, and i was in a rush to get it posted, so didn't enquire about any extra options to make it more secured, the lady in the counter didn't advice me too, and i kind of expected, the parcel went MIA. I barked Singpost for weeks to help me trace the parcel but it failed as they don't keep track of ordinary mails (not-registered).
    Today i'm going to send the replacement DVDs, this time i'll going to get whatever extra options they have to make sure my clients receive them.
    It must have detained by the customs.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Speedpost here:

    http://www.singpost.com/quick_servic...ostage_cal.htm

    DHL here:

    https://www.dhl-globalmail.com/dpgm/...177&lang=en-SG

    UPS here:

    http://wwwapps.ups.com/time?loc=en_SG

    Personally I prefer Speedpost Registered Air Parcel w/Insurance (but some countries, like Germany and etc., don't have insurance option), reasonablly priced with good service.

    I've sent more than 50 packages out of SG in the past year but only one (to Italy) got lost. Ask the buyer to pay for insurance (S$5 for value of S$1000 or less IIRIC).

    Good luck.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rayblade
    It must have detained by the customs.
    perhaps. today i'm going to mark them as 'gifts'.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    perhaps. today i'm going to mark them as 'gifts'.
    I order some DVDs from U.S.A few times, seller mark as 'DVD' no problem reaching here.
    It depends on customs.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    I got a fedex personal account .. I choose fedex becos the tracking system is so wondering.
    U will know exactly where your parcel is !

    if u have a compnay .. u can resistered a company account at their website

    if u don have a company .. u make a call to fedex.
    and ask them to fax u a personal account form. Fill in the form , photostat your front and back IC + credit card and fax it back to them

    Your account should be able to activite the next working days. Once they give u your account number. U can ship immdiately.

    whats your weight and destination to? Maybe i can check for you.
    For >2.5kg parcel will be treated as international priority

    No charges for the registered account. U will only be charge when u shipped out / in

    rgds

  12. #12

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    wah... you make it sound like my staff commited an offence like that.... keke....

    on a side note, your picture of you drinking barley in still in my CF card. (at TCW) nice to finally 'meet' you!
    Last edited by Belle&Sebastain; 8th March 2006 at 10:18 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    on a side note, your picture of you drinking barley in still in my CF card. (at TCW) nice to finally 'meet' you!
    orr... .so that was you inside TCW
    didn't get a good look....

    cheers
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

  14. #14

    Default Re: Need help : what options and price are there to send stuff out of Singapore ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    orr... .so that was you inside TCW
    didn't get a good look....

    cheers

    too me, should get together someday, my wife and i are planning out wedding late next year. shortlisting your services.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •