Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Series of Photographic Talks

Default Re: Series of Photographic Talks

Thank you very much for the info, Mezzotint.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    kinda boring. same old people sharing the same old stuff again and again.
    well he is not forcing you to attend... and even if you do attend, you wont have to pay a single cent for it...

Was at the library today and saw late Mr. Yip Cheong Fun's works, i must say i am impress by his compositional skills especially those shoots of everyday life section, the adequate usuage of lines and patterns in all the pictures really brightens up my day. I strongly recommend ppl to go for this exhibition. Real enriching.

Anyway one knows if his works can be borrowed from the library?

Very inspiring. But i find some of the B&W photos were printed too dark. But of all i would say his ability to use a standard lense to shoot so many nice pictures shows his expertise.

I would strongly recommend ppl to go for this exhibition.

Smile Re: Series of Photographic Talks

i remembered reading from st that Yip's son has published a book on his father(Yip C F)'s works.

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Ng
    Was at the library today and saw late Mr. Yip Cheong Fun's works, i must say i am impress by his compositional skills especially those shoots of everyday life section, the adequate usuage of lines and patterns in all the pictures really brightens up my day. I strongly recommend ppl to go for this exhibition. Real enriching.

Very inspiring. But i find some of the B&W photos were printed too dark. But of all i would say his ability to use a standard lense to shoot so many nice pictures shows his expertise.

It's worth to buy & collect the late Mr. Yip's potographic book. I've also read abt his son, Mr. Andrew Yip is still printing his late father's B&W works for sale at their gallery.

Does anyone knows of their gallery location/address? I know it's somewhere in Chinatown. Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

thanks to Mezzotint who took the time and effort to share this info.

to Mezzotint - don't waste energy getting upset over those would give negative response. there will always be people like that. don't let them spoil the good u would do.

Quote Originally Posted by sgphoto
    thanks to Mezzotint who took the time and effort to share this info.

to Mezzotint - don't waste energy getting upset over those would give negative response. there will always be people like that. don't let them spoil the good u would do.
    Please dun mention. It's always good to share good stuff/info with everyone else in this forum. Well I WAS pretty pissed then but not anymore. No worries lah!

Sometimes you gotta give one of these people a piece of yr mind otherwise they'll never wake up to realise they're such detestable brats. Well just as much as I wanted to be assertive, it's hard to be Mr. Nice Guy these days where there are always black sheeps around to take advantages of you, I'm sure you know what I mean. BTW hope you find the upcoming talks informative and useful.

Good day mate!

I too, was very impressed and started a separate thread to highlight this exhibition.
    My only complain was that bcoz of the glass frames/mountings, there was alot of reflections and so couldn't enjoy some of the works...

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Ng

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12