Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by plainsunset
    Oh...if you wanna see more power driving...go to KL.....
    After KL then u should go and see Bangkok.....

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    ok ... some of you may not believe me but .... one day while I was travelling along CTE , I saw one TP WRX on flash light , parked under the bridge. Guess what I saw when I drove pass the WRX ...... Mr TP inside sleeping with the head lying on the window ..... mouth open some more .... next time u guys pass by one can take a look also
    mine was reading the papers.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    actually if not 99, also got 90% of the accidents are caused by stupid drivers infront E brake, den the 2nd car din bang the 1st car but the 3rd car hit the 2nd car... den the 1st car happy go away...
    If the 3rd car hits the 2nd car, it is the fault of the 3rd car for not maintaining a safe following distance (i.e. tailgating). From my own observation, the simple concept of safe following distance is one of the concepts that local drivers don't seem to get into their brains. Along with the difference between left&right, the purpose of lane markings, the meaning of double yellow or zigzag lines, yellow boxes, traffic lights, etc. etc. Also, to some drivers it hasn't occured that the middle of a busy traffic junction is not the place to stop and let passengers alight.

    If the traffic police would do its job here, the budget would allow even bigger handouts in election years, and maybe where drivers don't know how to use their brain, they might feel the drain on their wallets.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    ok ... some of you may not believe me but .... one day while I was travelling along CTE , I saw one TP WRX on flash light , parked under the bridge. Guess what I saw when I drove pass the WRX ...... Mr TP inside sleeping with the head lying on the window ..... mouth open some more .... next time u guys pass by one can take a look also
    bring a compact and flash him.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    If the 3rd car hits the 2nd car, it is the fault of the 3rd car for not maintaining a safe following distance (i.e. tailgating). From my own observation, the simple concept of safe following distance is one of the concepts that local drivers don't seem to get into their brains. Along with the difference between left&right, the purpose of lane markings, the meaning of double yellow or zigzag lines, yellow boxes, traffic lights, etc. etc. Also, to some drivers it hasn't occured that the middle of a busy traffic junction is not the place to stop and let passengers alight.

    If the traffic police would do its job here, the budget would allow even bigger handouts in election years, and maybe where drivers don't know how to use their brain, they might feel the drain on their wallets.
    i wun claim to have driven for more than 10 years but the hard thing about keeping the safety distance is that other cars will think you are leaving a gap for them to 'fill-in'. Inevitably, they will do so. It gets worse for bikers.

    I was happily travelling on lane 2 of any e'way with a safety distance. Cars will come in from lane 3/4 and fill in the gap. 1 car no problem.. leave a gap again.. 2nd car comes in within 10 seconds. no problem.. leave a gap a again... 3rd comes in..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #26

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Since we are talking about idiots on the roads, let me make my contribution.

    I'm sure we all have seen and know that at almost every junction there are these things called yellow boxes and the purpose of these boxes is to prevent people from stopping inside these boxes when the traffic is backed up so as not to obstruct traffic. I guess alot of people seem to not care if they are obstructing traffic as long as they don't get caught by the next red light. What bugs me most is that the offenders are nonchalant about it and get pissed off when the people coming in the other direction honk at them.

    Alot of drivers are in Singapore are very inconsiderate. Driving is a privilege, not a right!

    I think who ever started this has opened a can of worms. I could go on but I am controlling myself.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Here's the deployment places that I have noticed:
    1) Cameras on overhead bridge
    - CTE from AMK ave 1 towards AMK industrial park exit
    - PIE from Toa Payoh towards Stevens road exit
    -Lornie Road, the bridge outside mediacrop (Morning always jam there, dunno why they love to watch the traffic on the bridge)

    2) WRex deployment areas
    - CTE from AMK ave 1 towards AMK industrial park exit
    - PIE from clementi towards jurong town hall exit
    - SLE from yishun to mandai exit
    - Dairy Farm road

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    There are people with very bad judgement in speed and distant... Ever drove along Mandai road toward Yishun Ave 1, travelling at 75km/h when i reach the junction of upper Thomson road, there is crazy Taitai in Mez make a right turn from yishun Ave 1 into upper Thomson road when I'm only 30m before the junction with the light GREEN.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    i wun claim to have driven for more than 10 years but the hard thing about keeping the safety distance is that other cars will think you are leaving a gap for them to 'fill-in'. Inevitably, they will do so. It gets worse for bikers.

    I was happily travelling on lane 2 of any e'way with a safety distance. Cars will come in from lane 3/4 and fill in the gap. 1 car no problem.. leave a gap again.. 2nd car comes in within 10 seconds. no problem.. leave a gap a again... 3rd comes in..
    Have the same experience as YYK, so I don't keep safety distance during rush hour... But then again, I drive Off Peak Car... so what rush hour?
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  10. #30
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Please allow me to voice out my opinions objectively.

    In this case, both were in the wrong. Firstly, the TaiTai in Merz shouldn't have made the turn in such a rush, as you've described. Secondly, you shouldn't be driving at 75km/h when reaching a cross road junction. The high way code tells you that when approaching a cross road juction, you should slow down your vehicle, no matter whether there is traffic or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    There are people with very bad judgement in speed and distant... Ever drove along Mandai road toward Yishun Ave 1, travelling at 75km/h when i reach the junction of upper Thomson road, there is crazy Taitai in Mez make a right turn from yishun Ave 1 into upper Thomson road when I'm only 30m before the junction with the light GREEN.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Please allow me to voice out my opinions objectively.

    In this case, both were in the wrong. Firstly, the TaiTai in Merz shouldn't have made the turn in such a rush, as you've described. Secondly, you shouldn't be driving at 75km/h when reaching a cross road junction. The high way code tells you that when approaching a cross road juction, you should slow down your vehicle, no matter whether there is traffic or not.
    lucky i slow down fast enough lor

  12. #32
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Check here for

    List of roads where Police Speed Laser Camera may be deployed

    Information updated as at 9 January 2006

    http://www.spf.gov.sg/about_spf/tp/pslc.htm

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    297

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Stupid idiot indeed. She should have just gone through the gantry and then gone to the LTA office and paid up. LTA allows you to pay the amount due and waive the fine as long as you come forward and 'confess' that you passed through a gantry without a cashcard. Of course, do this ASAP or they'll slap you with the full fine...
    Do you mean if you drive through a ERP gantry without a cashcard, you can immediately go to LTA office and just pay for the ERP charges and don't need to pay the $10 admin charges ?

    Where are the LTA offices that you can do this?

  14. #34
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Traffic Police Ops during peak hours

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    ok ... some of you may not believe me but .... one day while I was travelling along CTE , I saw one TP WRX on flash light , parked under the bridge. Guess what I saw when I drove pass the WRX ...... Mr TP inside sleeping with the head lying on the window ..... mouth open some more .... next time u guys pass by one can take a look also


    Too shag because all the fast moving car make him doze off. hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •