Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Recommend a short trip....

  1. #1

    Default Recommend a short trip....

    Hi all...
    I am out of idea on where to travel to. Any one can give me suggestion? About a 4 days short trip...

  2. #2
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    HK,Thai,Malaysia...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Taiwan? Not very conventional, but its still away frm Singapore and flight's there only abt 6hrs. Morning fly, afternoon reach. Fool around for like 3.5 days and u fly back again.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Vietnam? Cambodia? Philippines?

    I was thinking along the lines of Perth & Tokyo as well, but unless u're thoroughly familiar with the place (or u'd done lotsa homework beforehand), u can't see or shoot much for 4 days.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  5. #5

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Taiwan? Not very conventional, but its still away frm Singapore and flight's there only abt 6hrs. Morning fly, afternoon reach. Fool around for like 3.5 days and u fly back again.
    yah... i am thinking of Taipei... but would 4 days be sufficient??...
    is it better to go on a backpack or guided tour??...
    what you mean by "fooling around"?..:P

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In exile
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Cambodia.

    Angkor Wat, The Bayon in Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (famous Tomb Raider scene) are sights to behold. Lots of photo opportunity.

    Not expensive as well. JetStarAsia has a promotion going on now too. Guesthouses are cheap there (as low as US$2 to US$4). Transport and food (delicious!) are easy to find. It is possible to spend less than S$500 for a relatively comfortable 5-days stay there.

    U can pm me if you want some details.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Quote Originally Posted by blurboiboi
    yah... i am thinking of Taipei... but would 4 days be sufficient??...
    is it better to go on a backpack or guided tour??...
    what you mean by "fooling around"?..:P
    Erm.... dun get me wrong, I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' kind of 'fooling around'

    Anyway, have u been to Taipei before? If u haven't, maybe u can try a guided package tour. I believe Chan Brothers got this 4 day tour package thing on their last travel show 2wks ago. U can call 'em up and ask. It all depends on hw adventurous u are.

    Personally, I prefer to walk around alone.... kinda like a backpack.
    Last edited by jsbn; 6th March 2006 at 01:37 PM.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  8. #8

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' .........

    ducks? ... beware of bird flu though...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Quote Originally Posted by DT_
    ducks? ... beware of bird flu though...

    chicken cannot meh ??

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Go find, but eye see hand no touch.
    Hand touch, backside pain.

    In this case, its not backside pain. It will be ur whole body pain and die.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  11. #11

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Erm.... dun get me wrong, I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' kind of 'fooling around'

    Anyway, have u been to Taipei before? If u haven't, maybe u can try a guided package tour. I believe Chan Brothers got this 4 day tour package thing on their last travel show 2wks ago. U can call 'em up and ask. It all depends on hw adventurous u are.

    Personally, I prefer to walk around alone.... kinda like a backpack.
    but alot of time this package are 2-to-go. so going alone will be more expensive, right?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Hmm.... yeah. Maybe the price for a 2-to-go is like.... $900? And we're prolly looking at $1200 for a lone warrior?

    Might as well backpack I feel.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  13. #13

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hmm.... yeah. Maybe the price for a 2-to-go is like.... $900? And we're prolly looking at $1200 for a lone warrior?

    Might as well backpack I feel.
    4 days backpack for $1200??!!!
    New backpacking style I guess.. For that money, I think u can even hire a Sherpa to chaperone u..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Well, dat's prolly for the tour packages. Dun quote me. Those are a guess figure.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  15. #15

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    7 to 8 days package to Taiwan would cost from $800...excluding taxes.....if just 4 days... much lower.......but if u speak mandarin can easily go there free and easy...

    Or can go climb Mt Kinabalu...4 days is just nice...the usual time people take...

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In exile
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Recommend a short trip....

    Quote Originally Posted by csy
    Cambodia.

    Angkor Wat, The Bayon in Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (famous Tomb Raider scene) are sights to behold. Lots of photo opportunity.

    Not expensive as well. JetStarAsia has a promotion going on now too. Guesthouses are cheap there (as low as US$2 to US$4). Transport and food (delicious!) are easy to find. It is possible to spend less than S$500 for a relatively comfortable 5-days stay there.

    U can pm me if you want some details.
    LENS, I can't PM you the details you wanted. Your msg boxes are full.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •