Thread: praktica lenses

Default praktica lenses

hi can anyone tell me which camera brands are cross compatable with praktica bayonet lenses? thanks a lot.

Default Re: praktica lenses

Quote Originally Posted by connectivity
    hi can anyone tell me which camera brands are cross compatable with praktica bayonet lenses? thanks a lot.
    If I'm not wrong, it should be proprietary.

i know there are some that are cross compatable, possibly also east german companies? i am just unsure of which ones.

Quote Originally Posted by connectivity
    i know there are some that are cross compatable, possibly also east german companies? i am just unsure of which ones.
    This page might be useful. http://www.photoimagenews.com/lens.htm
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 7th March 2006 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    After looking up the web, it does seem like the Praktica B mount is a variant of the Pentax K mount. I don't know how much difference they have or if they are cross compatible.
    There have been hacks that adapt P-K bayonet cameras with the Praktica bayonet. Not sure about metering ability though.

Just get the original Pentacon or Carl Zeiss Jena B-mount prime lenses, the common ones are value for money. Can find on ebay. Singapore 2nd hand shop price a bit high. The only lens that is not so good is the Pentagon 28/2.8 but just stop down to f5.6 and u will be OK.
    Rolleiflex 3003 - SL66 - Sony Alpha 7R1/2 - ZF - Batis - ZM - Otus - HFT - T* My website

Quote Originally Posted by fuwen
    Just get the original Pentacon or Carl Zeiss Jena B-mount prime lenses, the common ones are value for money. Can find on ebay. Singapore 2nd hand shop price a bit high. The only lens that is not so good is the Pentagon 28/2.8 but just stop down to f5.6 and u will be OK.
    I see from your sig that you use both T* and HFT. I am very curious what is the difference between them. So far I haven't found a satisfactory answer from web searches. Maybe I'm missing something..