Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Where to print custom car decals?

  1. #1
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Where to print custom car decals?

    Any idea where to print custom car decals?

    I want to print one and paste on my car
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  2. #2
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Where to print custom car decals?

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Any idea where to print custom car decals?

    I want to print one and paste on my car

    What kind of custom car decal? You talking original decals from car and parts makers? Should find them at those car accessory shops that dose custom work on your car. But if you are talking about specially done ones just to fit your car body..etc then are you providing the design and artwork? If you do, there are some shops at Bras Basah Complex that can take your artwork to make the decal for you.

    If there are a few colours then you might need to make multi-layer and paste them together to form your decal design. If it is a picture then you might need to get it printed on special weather proof stickers and have it cut to shape.

    Unless you are familiar with designing with design program like illustrator, photoshop..etc you might need a friend to prapare the artwork for you. There is also the issue of copyright too but I am not sure how far some of the brand owners will enforce it. But if you are making your own flame design, text or personal graphic design for example to paste on your car then I think that is fine.

  3. #3
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Where to print custom car decals?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    What kind of custom car decal? You talking original decals from car and parts makers? Should find them at those car accessory shops that dose custom work on your car. But if you are talking about specially done ones just to fit your car body..etc then are you providing the design and artwork? If you do, there are some shops at Bras Basah Complex that can take your artwork to make the decal for you.

    If there are a few colours then you might need to make multi-layer and paste them together to form your decal design. If it is a picture then you might need to get it printed on special weather proof stickers and have it cut to shape.

    Unless you are familiar with designing with design program like illustrator, photoshop..etc you might need a friend to prapare the artwork for you. There is also the issue of copyright too but I am not sure how far some of the brand owners will enforce it. But if you are making your own flame design, text or personal graphic design for example to paste on your car then I think that is fine.
    No, i was refering to those 'class 95' type of stickers drivers paste at the back of the rear glass. Do shops print such custom decals? Means i send them a CD then they print out in decal sticker?
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where to print custom car decals?

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    No, i was refering to those 'class 95' type of stickers drivers paste at the back of the rear glass. Do shops print such custom decals? Means i send them a CD then they print out in decal sticker?
    Yeah, similar idea here.
    Are there any special single sided papers which can print on normal lazer printer then
    remove the cover on the other side and paste onto windows?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Where to print custom car decals?

    I saw 1 shop in IMM Jurong doing this.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where to print custom car decals?

    think the shops have a min order of decals before they print, else they wont do it. suggest u design ur decal, get some inkjet transparency and print it. then use clear self-adhesive laminating labels to paste on ur car.

  7. #7
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Where to print custom car decals?

    Thought both Ubi & Lavender (near Lavender food centre) have. They are the shops that do up the livery for those Subaru WRX & Lancer Evolution in those Kallang Rally. They can duplicate watever, tat you see in World Rally Championship or Japanese Grand Touring Car.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •