Thread: Symmetry

Default Symmetry

Snow on the rooftiles
    I am a newbie to the world of photography
    Feel free to comment to make the picture better.

Default Re: Symmetry

Quote Originally Posted by vinu
    Feel free to comment to make the picture better.
    The picture reminds me of home, so maybe that's why I like it.

There's one trivial thing that would vastly improve the picture: leave that ugly signature out .

The translational symmetry is nice, but maybe it is almost too perfect - if the tiles look all exactly alike, there's no particular spot that would invite the eye to rest. So maybe including an imperfect tile would not be a bad idea. On the other hand, it is hard to tell from a small image - it could be that in the full-resolution image, the details of the snow patches suffice to distinguish the individual tiles.

One last nitpick: the top border of the photo runs through a region without snow, creating the illusion of an irregularity at the very top, which on closer inspection of course isn't there. That also constributes to me feeling a bit restless when looking at the image.

Edit: corrected some garbled text.
    Last edited by LittleWolf; 5th March 2006 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    The picture reminds me of home, so maybe that's why I like it.

There's one trivial thing that would vastly improve the picture: leave that ugly signature out .

The translational symmetry is nice, but maybe it is almost too perfect - if the tiles look all exactly alike, there's no particular spot that would invite the eye to rest. So maybe including an imperfect tile would not be a bad idea. On the other hand, it is hard to tell from a small image - it could be that in the full-resolution image, the details of the snow patches suffice to distinguish the individual tiles.

One last nitpick: the top border of the photo runs through a region without snow, creating the illusion of an irregularity at the very top, which on closer inspection of course isn't there. That also constributes to me feeling a bit restless when looking at the image.

Edit: corrected some garbled text.
    Thaks for your advice.
    This shot was taken through my window,Unfortunately there was no imperfect tile to include in that frame.
    I cropped the image to get a detailed view(looks too noisy), and removed my ugly signature as well
    Tell me how is this now.

Hi friend...
    Quite interesting pic because in Singapore no chance to see snow except in snow city...
    I could realise that it's snow only after reading your title..
    Expect to see more pics..
    Thanks for sharing