Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streaks of lines in viewfinder

Default Re: Streaks of lines in viewfinder

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    hi..got another question..
    i saw a black spot thru my wiewfinder.and did nt better..so i go use lens pen and cloth to wipe it off....but the prob is now i see streaks of lines in my viewfinder....but it does not affect my pictures in anyway...should i send it for servicing? or are there any DIY methods?
    The only thing you can use to clean a focusing screen yourself is a blower, nothing else. You have probably scratched the microscopically etched surface of the focusing screen. That's why you should also not touch the focusing screen with anything else. Even if you can live with the scratches, the metering will be wrong, so you will need to get it replaced for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Yupz, my cam's focusing screen is also a little dirty, but as long as it doesn't affect the image quality of the pics. Perhaps in future can ask Canon to clean it for you.
    I don't think they will accept Nikon cameras, will they?

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    I don't think they will accept Nikon cameras, will they?
    Of cos they don't. i didn't know the thread starter was using a nikon when i posted that
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Of cos they don't. i didn't know the thread starter was using a nikon when i posted that
    Though you would have seen that form the viewfinder layout Well now you know what it looks like
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    Though you would have seen that form the viewfinder layout Well now you know what it looks like
    That was also before he put up the focusing screen pic. When i saw the pic i know it's a Nikon D50.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12