Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody been to Ho CHi Minh recently?

Default Re: Anybody been to Ho CHi Minh recently?

Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    Killing in what sense? Very far? Or very complicated?
    Its like walking from Orchard Road all the way to Chinatown, difficult or not, depends on you really.

Tks for the analogy.. Doesn't seem that far, just hope I don't get lost.. Will have to get a good map..

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Its like walking from Orchard Road all the way to Chinatown, difficult or not, depends on you really.

Spent 18 days there and haven't really went to all the tourist sites.
    The pple there very friendly.
    Mekong is great. Cuchi tunnels are disappointing. Shopping is good too (bring more cash ).

Wah.. 18 days not enough meh? I only got 4 days leh..

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Spent 18 days there and haven't really went to all the tourist sites.
    The pple there very friendly.
    Mekong is great. Cuchi tunnels are disappointing. Shopping is good too (bring more cash ).

Ok last question.. I have 10-22mm, 17-85mm and 70-300mm..
    If you could only bring 2 lens, which 2 would it be? I'm more inclined to bring the 10-22mm and 17-85mm.. But just want to hear opinions from those who've been to Ho Chi Minh before, is it necessary to bring the 70-300mm?

I've started a poll.. Kindly refer to http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=182891
    Last edited by jeryltan; 10th March 2006 at 12:26 PM.

Ok last question.. I have 10-22mm, 17-85mm and 70-300mm..
    If you could only bring 2 lens, which 2 would it be? I'm more inclined to bring the 10-22mm and 17-85mm.. But just want to hear opinions from those who've been to Ho Chi Minh before, is it necessary to bring the 70-300mm?
    My preference is 17-85 and 70-300 enuf liao.
    Well, I will be there on 19/3/06 shooting a friend wedding. I was there during chinese year year shooting butt. with my 300mm and also bring along my 18-50.
    Yes, it is cheap to shop in the Center market...must bargain hor! Buy cheong watches like Omega..Franck Muller,etc from Sin$25-45.
    If you are worry in communication...just join their tour.
    The taxis price is expensive, almost same as Singapore. Be careful. dun take private cab, they will slaughter you..you can get meter cab easily and remember to ask them to turn on the meter before moving.
    Enjoy your trip.

Is the 70-300mm really necessary? Or is it because you need to shoot the wedding? Because my initial thoughts were that Ho CHi Minh is more a street / landscape place.. I usually only bring my 70-300mm when I go to places that have nature reserves (ex. Zoo) / theme parks (ex. US, Australia..) I also will be there 19/3 but taking the 11.50am flight back on that day My wife in charge of the shopping, I in charge of the shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Minlon
    My preference is 17-85 and 70-300 enuf liao.
    Well, I will be there on 19/3/06 shooting a friend wedding. I was there during chinese year year shooting butt. with my 300mm and also bring along my 18-50.
    Yes, it is cheap to shop in the Center market...must bargain hor! Buy cheong watches like Omega..Franck Muller,etc from Sin$25-45.
    If you are worry in communication...just join their tour.
    The taxis price is expensive, almost same as Singapore. Be careful. dun take private cab, they will slaughter you..you can get meter cab easily and remember to ask them to turn on the meter before moving.
    Enjoy your trip.

Is the 70-300mm really necessary? Or is it because you need to shoot the wedding? Because my initial thoughts were that Ho CHi Minh is more a street / landscape place.. I usually only bring my 70-300mm when I go to places that have nature reserves (ex. Zoo) / theme parks (ex. US, Australia..) I also will be there 19/3 but taking the 11.50am flight back on that day My wife in charge of the shopping, I in charge of the shooting
    You got to ask yourself whether you need the zoom in for distance subject! If you ask me than definitely I need the focus distance. Btw, it is not heavy to hug along the 70-300 len if you're not carrying a tripod.
    Will be shooting outdoor wedding using 80-200 and indoor 18-50 lens. probably will bring 12-24.

Yes, I intend to bring my tripod.. Hmm.. Got to rethink again, maybe end up bring all 3 and look like photojournalist Just hope I don't get robbed..

Quote Originally Posted by Minlon
    You got to ask yourself whether you need the zoom in for distance subject! If you ask me than definitely I need the focus distance. Btw, it is not heavy to hug along the 70-300 len if you're not carrying a tripod.
    Will be shooting outdoor wedding using 80-200 and indoor 18-50 lens. probably will bring 12-24.

Having 50mm will never goes wrong. Probably you will use it more to captures faces of Vietnam.

But won't I have to go even nearer with the 50mm, than my 17-85mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Sampoerna
    Having 50mm will never goes wrong. Probably you will use it more to captures faces of Vietnam.

i was there for 2 days last month haha. the traffic there is madness. ratio of bikes to cars is like 15:1. madness. but the food there is shiok

Tks

Quote Originally Posted by Boddah
    i was there for 2 days last month haha. the traffic there is madness. ratio of bikes to cars is like 15:1. madness. but the food there is shiok

Beef noodle is good. Rice wine is great. Road is congested and noisy almost all the time.

Short and sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Sampoerna
    Beef noodle is good. Rice wine is great. Road is congested and noisy almost all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12