Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach road market

Default Beach road market

Hey guys,

I need to buy something urgently related to military wear --- the vehicle mechanic coverall. However, all the SAF.emarts are closed tomorrow (saturday). May I know does the beach road market still sells SAF stuff? If yes, am I able to get the coverall there?

Speaking of that, is the beach road market selling army stuff open tomorrow? Also, does reservist requires you to have the dog tag (ID) anymore? I think I have lost mine long ago. Where can I make the dog tag?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    page_up_down
    Last edited by page_up_down; 3rd March 2006 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beach road market

yes the army market is open tomorrow
    and they still sell army stuff
    but some items are more expansive than the e.mart

if you are going for reservist, you can stil buy it from the e.mart there
    or from the website www. *** .com.sg

dog tags, it depends on your unit

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    yes the army market is open tomorrow
    and they still sell army stuff
    but some items are more expansive than the e.mart

if you are going for reservist, you can stil buy it from the e.mart there
    or from the website www. *** .com.sg
    its not some... its MOSTLY...

imagine a no. 4 pants... IIRC, it cost less than 15... i went there to buy cos i need it urgently, guess wat.. the magic no. is...............................

$25...!!!!
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    its not some... its MOSTLY...

imagine a no. 4 pants... IIRC, it cost less than 15... i went there to buy cos i need it urgently, guess wat.. the magic no. is...............................

$25...!!!!
    Wa......... so expensive for a no.4 pants...... E-mart is cheaper and somemore pay by credits.

I thought only recruits wear dog tags??
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    haha my BMT sergeants used to say...we are humans...we are not dogs...it's called ID tag not dog tags, lol
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Wa......... so expensive for a no.4 pants...... E-mart is cheaper and somemore pay by credits.
    Now the No.4 boots cost about $130 -> $200 over for the new type with zip. Very hard to found the 90's type which I want to buy.

Dude, if I dont remember wrongly you shouldnt have your dog tags with you. It has been returned to unit the day you ORD. What I heard from my Chief Clerk (That was 10 years ago) was that during the day we go to war (Touch wood that never happens) or we are send for some UN mission where there is a possibility that you will be killed in action. You will be reissued your dog tags.

Those who dont know what the tags are for. Because in a combat scenario, it may not be possible to bring the body back. Hence they will remove one tag for record and leave the other on your body. So that one day if they have a chance to go back to collect your body or bones, they know who you are. Also on the tag is information such as your blood group.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Dude, if I dont remember wrongly you shouldnt have your dog tags with you. It has been returned to unit the day you ORD. What I heard from my Chief Clerk (That was 10 years ago) was that during the day we go to war (Touch wood that never happens) or we are send for some UN mission where there is a possibility that you will be killed in action. You will be reissued your dog tags.

Those who dont know what the tags are for. Because in a combat scenario, it may not be possible to bring the body back. Hence they will remove one tag for record and leave the other on your body. So that one day if they have a chance to go back to collect your body or bones, they know who you are. Also on the tag is information such as your blood group.
    Well I have 2 with me now since I ORD 2001.
    Last edited by rayblade; 5th March 2006 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r
    haha my BMT sergeants used to say...we are humans...we are not dogs...it's called ID tag not dog tags, lol
    But recruits are treated like dogs, right??
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Now times change. Life style of recruits are better than last 3 years.
    Last edited by rayblade; 4th March 2006 at 02:21 PM.

your sergeants are softie and should be tied to a tank gun with their "you know what" smeared with honey.

we wear dog tags, and we eat dog biscuits.

service personnel are supposed to always have their dog tags, who knows when you'd get killed and needed identifying?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg

I think they take one (oval one) and shove the round one in your mouth (you're dead remember) as the skull and jaw supposed to be the most durable part of the skeleton.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your replies. I went to the Beach Road Army Market, but unfortunately I didnt manage to buy what I need --- coverall. ANyway I will try to buy it at SAF eMart. Once again thanks a lot for all your advice and help.

Nowadays army staff are too politically correct.

Then now what do they call the famous CB LEAF ?

Don't tell me NS men nowadays never heard of it.

Worst than dogs sometimes.

In Tekong, which dogs have better life and more power than human beings.

Cos:

-the dogs can go any places they like (almost everywhere)

-the dogs eat food same like us and eat as much as they like (you wont want to know where they eat)

-the dogs sometimes even do guard duties with you (but most of the time they are sitting rather than standing sentry)

-the dogs can disobey orders (they dont even know what you arer talking anyway)

AND

Even bigger than the three COs and RSM:

-the dogs simply walked across the parade squares (COs and Officers caught walking instead of marching on parade square will result in disciplined by the RSM)

-the dogs can go to School HQ (where recruits cant)

:P :P :P

you forgot:
    - dogs no need to standby bed
    - dogs no need to clean rifle
    - dogs no need to iron their fur until can stand
    - dogs no need to area cleaning
    - dogs no need to clear SOC
    - dogs no need to shout "shake it up! no sweat!" when the PTIs appear
    - dogs no need to grovel at the feet of the encik

Now even better recruits no need to do more than 20 push-ups or their waist will be broken only can do 20 sets of exercise. Sissy Soldiers nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by rayblade
    Now even better recruits no need to do more than 20 push-ups or their waist will be broken only can do 20 sets of exercise. Sissy Soldiers nowadays.
    But during tekan sessions, push up can start from -20 or until 19 then say restart from 0 cause got 1 person never do. Always kena tat lasap trick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast