Thread: Train ride

Default Train ride

Newbie here!

One of my favourite pics from a trip to Penang last June. Background's foggy due to the haze.

Still learning and experimenting... Appreciate all comments, even if it's bad.

Default Re: Train ride

NICE

too many elements in the frame.

i say, crop 1/3 off the top. the city in the valley's a major distraction if the kid's your subject. the crop should leave just enough of valley to tease the viewer.

Forget to ask what is he shooting at? Either the train, children or the buildings.

looks like LA (minus the train situation) I find that this photo has a lot going on, but I still like it. I agree with Foxtwo... try a tighter crop and it will help the viewer focus on the image better. You might also try brightening it a bit, the shade makes it a bit difficult to see the boy. keep taking photos!

orientation is off - notice the horizon tilts to the right? too much clutter, you may want to try a b&w conversion and see if it looks any better. and whats that haze in the middle of your photo, above the approaching train? water on the lens?

good try anyway at creative photography, we all start somewhere.
    Many are culled, few are chosen

Quote Originally Posted by irenet
    Newbie here!

One of my favourite pics from a trip to Penang last June. Background's foggy due to the haze.

Still learning and experimenting... Appreciate all comments, even if it's bad.
    Crop off some of the top and some of the right side so that the face of the boy would adhere exactly to the rule of thirds.

thanks to all for your comments and suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy
    orientation is off - notice the horizon tilts to the right? too much clutter, you may want to try a b&w conversion and see if it looks any better. and whats that haze in the middle of your photo, above the approaching train? water on the lens?

good try anyway at creative photography, we all start somewhere.
    the haze was for real. couldn't get much good shots becos of it. was travelling 800m above sea level, quickly stuck my hand out of the window and snapped. kinda lucky it came out ok.

Thanks for commenting.