Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Model Shoot on 30 Nov

  1. #1

    Default Model Shoot on 30 Nov

    PHOTO SHOOT of Model
    TO ALL PARTIES

    THE SHOOT WILL BE ON THE 30 NOV
    AN INDOOR STUDIO SHOOT
    TIME 12-3 PM
    MEETING PLACE - BUGIS Village Burger King

    THE COST OF OUTING IS $40 EACH
    2 hrs session , 1 model with 2 set of cloths
    Each person will have abt 20 minutes of shoot


    OMEGA (CONFIRM)
    CHENWEI ( CONFIRM)
    Hardzadrman (CONFIRM)
    PHILDATE (CONFIRM)
    RADIX LECTI (CONFIRM)

    still got 1 place left

    for those still interested call me at 97612847. If there are 3 of u we can extend one hr for u.


    FOR PREVIEW OF MODELS REFER TO

    http://www.jeffreychungmodels.com


    Models selected
    Belle
    Last edited by xfathom69; 26th November 2002 at 11:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Farrer Road
    Posts
    354

    Default

    $120/hr? i wanna be model leh where to apply job ..

  3. #3

    Default

    this INDOOR shoot... is it going to be studio???

  4. #4

    Default model shoot

    Yes . It is a indoor studio "professional" model shoot. The model is a pro not the part time student type.

  5. #5

    Default Re: model shoot

    Originally posted by xfathom69
    Yes . It is a indoor studio "professional" model shoot. The model is a pro not the part time student type.
    sorry to be "low so..."

    where is the studio... and how are the rental charge...?

    who is setting up the light?

    how many and what lightings/backdrop do they have...?

    kind of curious... if its reasonable, may rent the studio for weekends shoot...

  6. #6

    Default studio

    can u call me on my Hp . I am not sure if u want to know more about the studio or more abt the shoot.

    The studio is in Bugis. As for how much is the rental, I am not sure as the rate I am getting is different from what he offers to the rest.

    I will be setting the lights, using DC and laptop. Actually we will be using butterfly lightning or gradient lightning. There is 2 setup, one is sitting,laying on the ground which we will try horizontal portrait, while the other is a standing setup.

    Please note that I am not a professional photographer. Just some one who has attended studio course.

    The theme is more glamour than portrait. The classic portrait stress on lightning and shadow , now we stress on the poses to bring out the figure and style of the model
    Last edited by xfathom69; 26th November 2002 at 10:17 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: studio

    Originally posted by xfathom69
    can u call me on my Hp . I am not sure if u want to know more about the studio or more abt the shoot.

    The studio is in Bugis. As for how much is the rental, I am not sure as the rate I am getting is different from what he offers to the rest.

    I will be setting the lights, using DC and laptop. Actually we will be using butterfly lightning or gradient lightning. There is 2 setup, one is sitting,laying on the ground which we will try horizontal portrait, while the other is a standing setup.

    Please note that I am not a professional photographer. Just some one who has attended studio course.

    The theme is more glamour than portrait. The classic portrait stress on lightning and shadow , now we stress on the poses to bring out the figure and style of the model
    thanks... yap... i would like to know more or the studio... as for the shoot... like to... but i'm working to around 12pm in the west... can't make it on time... will call u to get more info on the studio...

  8. #8

    Default model shoot

    I do welcome people to come and see our shoot. Please inform me as I do want to control the number of people watching.

    If u like what u see, maybe next time u can join . I do welcome comments but do it at right time. Please do not disturb when fellow photographer is shooting.

  9. #9

    Default Re: model shoot

    Originally posted by xfathom69
    I do welcome people to come and see our shoot. Please inform me as I do want to control the number of people watching.

    If u like what u see, maybe next time u can join . I do welcome comments but do it at right time. Please do not disturb when fellow photographer is shooting.
    ROGER... understand that as well... i don't like to be disturb when i'm shooting also...

    enjoy your shoot...

  10. #10

    Default

    Hi xfathom,
    I am not familiar with studio lighting. So have been trying to find out more about gradient and butterfly lighting. But before that - had one very basic doubt which you could possibly answer - is the lighting going to be "static" (meaning use of softboxes/studio lamps) or "flash"? Cuz if it is flash based with a master/slave kind of a setup, then it might be difficult to ensure that all the different camera systems can use it. Also, another very very basic doubt - the lighting would be neutral, wouldn't it? As in, can use daylight balanced film, right?

    Radix Lecti

  11. #11

    Default shoot

    The lights will be stationary, u will be using the flash sycn cable. For high end cam,u will have a pc flash sys, for low end we have a hotshoe for suitable for canon ,nikon and others except for minolta. for minolta system dynax 7 and 9 have pc flash syn so no problem but if u are using low end minolta models, u can still u yr external flash to trigger the studio lightning.

    So all daylight films have no problem with the flash, no too sure abt slide.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Is it possible to drop by and be a bystander?

  13. #13

    Default Re: shoot

    I am a bit confused. If the lights will be stationary, then why would flash sync be necessary? Couldn't we just meter normally and shoot as if we were doing it outside a studio in ambient light?

    And by the way, which model did you finally select?

    Originally posted by xfathom69
    The lights will be stationary, u will be using the flash sycn cable. For high end cam,u will have a pc flash sys, for low end we have a hotshoe for suitable for canon ,nikon and others except for minolta. for minolta system dynax 7 and 9 have pc flash syn so no problem but if u are using low end minolta models, u can still u yr external flash to trigger the studio lightning.

    So all daylight films have no problem with the flash, no too sure abt slide.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Re: shoot

    Originally posted by Radix Lecti
    I am a bit confused. If the lights will be stationary, then why would flash sync be necessary? Couldn't we just meter normally and shoot as if we were doing it outside a studio in ambient light?

    And by the way, which model did you finally select?

    You will need to sync your camera's shutter with the lights. And if you meter normally, u only get exposure of the ambient light. the studio lights are much stronger than that. thus your photos get overexposed if you meter off ambient light. also, u cannt meter the flash from the lights. they are too fast for the camera's built-in meter. u need a handheld flash meter for that.

    dont worry. i noe xfathom69. he's quite experienced in these stuff. ask him on the day itself. u will clear all ur doubts then
    Last edited by mervlam; 27th November 2002 at 11:40 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    east side
    Posts
    1,937

    Default waaah

    waaaah *pant pant pant*
    i would have love to join in but going diving =(

    think the model appeared in fhm before....

  16. #16

    Default Photo shoot

    THK Mervlam,

    The model selected is Belle.

    For those who have confirm, u can check the women's magzines or photosig for posing. Plan yr shots, even if the model is a professional, what she pose may not be nice in yr viewfinder. Each person will have 8-10 mins per setup.(2 setup). Plan yr ammo(film number) properly, I am sure u don't want to waste time rewinding and changing film.

    The rate is usually 1-1.5 rolls. 2 if u are experience. Don't forget u cannot shoot at rapid rate as the lights need recyling time(same as yr external flash)

    Go for quality shots not quantity
    Last edited by xfathom69; 28th November 2002 at 12:17 AM.

  17. #17

    Default

    Ok Mervlam,
    I take your word on that and leave myself in Xfathom's able hands So Mr. xfathom, please be ready to guide us inexperienced souls! I am sure I will definitely learn from the experience.

  18. #18

    Default photo shoot

    Stress man

    By the way those with 28-105 or 24-135 , it is good for u. for 28-80 , a bit of problem for those really tight head shot, but good for those laying down shots

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default Re: photo shoot

    Originally posted by xfathom69
    Stress man

    By the way those with 28-105 or 24-135 , it is good for u. for 28-80 , a bit of problem for those really tight head shot, but good for those laying down shots
    i am more stress man, seem like i am the only one using digi cam... hope to see u guys there that day

  20. #20

    Default model shoot

    here is a copy of the agreement u guys need to sign for the shoot. This is to protect me from legal actions in the case of mishandling or misuse of photographs for commerical purposes.
    All photographs are for personal use only!

    AGREEMENT

    Terms and conditions

    - All the photographs and negative/digital images belong to the photographer. He has all the copyrights of the photographs and negative/digital images.

    - All the photographs and negative/digital images produced/obtained in this photo shoot is for personal usage only. Under all circumstances that the photographs and negative/digital images must not be use for any commercial usage. No wealth or income can be generated from the photographs and negative/digital images.

    - In the event of mishandling of photographs and negative/digital images, the organizer of the photo shoot will not be held responsible. The photographer will be responsible for any actions taken by the model and her representing agency.

    - Mishandling terms:
    - photographs and negative/digital images appearing in porn
    sites or unauthorized websites.
    - photographs and negative/digital images sold for commercial
    purposes.


    I, (NRIC)_____________, (NAME)_______________ have read the above terms and conditions. I abide and agree to all the terms and conditions above.





    ___________________
    Signature / Date
    Last edited by xfathom69; 29th November 2002 at 12:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •