Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Do I need to assign seats to my AD Photographer and Videographer?

Default Question: Do I need to assign seats to my AD Photographer and Videographer?

As subject. Thanks.
    Last edited by Chys; 3rd March 2006 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Typo

Default Re: Question: Do I need to assign seats to my AD Photographer and Videographer?

You referring to car seats or sitting arrangement during the banquet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chys
    As subject. Thanks.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Default Re: Question: Do I need to assign seats to my AD Photographer and Videographer?

if you paid for their services - not neccesary

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    if you paid for their services - not neccesary
    I like you man...

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    You referring to car seats or sitting arrangement during the banquet?
    Yes, I am referring to sitting arrangement during banquet... but u raised a valid qns... I DO NEED to assign a car seat right?

It would be a nice gesture. You need not to. But I guess you want them to be happy to do agreat job for you right?

Deregistered

Yes, I am referring to sitting arrangement during banquet... but u raised a valid qns... I DO NEED to assign a car seat right?
    Unless you want them to take bus to the other location...

As for the dinner, I'm sure there will be some spare seats, you can allocate them to those, but if you need to use up those seats for guests, they'll understand. Anyway after 3-4 dishes they got no more chance to sit down again
    Last edited by espn; 3rd March 2006 at 11:13 AM.

no u don't unless u promise them one...

just give them a seat around somewhere you can access to them, so that they can know your next move.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Usually my wedding clients assign a seat for me in the banquet. But i don't get to eat much too! Probably the first 2 dishes, and off i go shoot shoot shoot.. Some of the relatives/friends on the same table are kind enough to set aside a small portion of every dish in bowls/plates for me to eat later, but i seldom got the chance

for travelling around in car, if possible, i'd want to be in the main car with the bride and groom.

Thanks for all the answers; they're really helping... afterall, 99.99% of us only do wedding once
    Last edited by Chys; 3rd March 2006 at 11:52 AM.

actually about transport... i've been wondering if there is any AD photographers that ride motobike, cos i think using that can maintain that they are always with the clients.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

yup! and usually that seat is in the bridal car.

I offered my photographer and videographer seats but they declined politely. I think we should at least ask them out of courtesy.

Yes, I would expect a car seat to be assigned, so that I can really follow the couple wherever they go.

As for the banquet seat, not necessary. However, I really appreciate those who does provide something to fill my stomach before the dinner, so that I don't go empty stomach during the event.

Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

while unnecessary, i imagine it would be the humane thing to do.

the photog at my wedding was assinged a seat and was later seen on the dance floor strutting his stuff...lol. i think he was also attacked by confetti

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    yup! and usually that seat is in the bridal car.
    I prefer to be in one of their friend's car. This way I can get shots of the bridal car while it is travelling along the road and I can get there before they arrive, but the driver MUST know the location .

As for dinner, I always eat before I go for the shoot. It would be nice if the couple offer me a seat but the most I can eat is usually just the first 2 to 3 dishes and I'll be off shooting the guest so that will be a waste for me to take up a seat.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Blog Entries

seat in car? yes of course
    Seat for dinner? no need

But do give enough time in before dinner for the photographer to have a short rest/shower and dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang
    while unnecessary, i imagine it would be the humane thing to do.
    I totally agree. Though it is not compulsory, please do assign them seats for the of humanity.

As subject. Thanks.
    Not really. I've been a wedding photographer myself and have also worked with many of them. Sitting down just to make small talk with your relatives can be a contrived affair, which the photographers may not necessarily appreciate. It's likely they will be able to sit down for at most 2-3 dishes (if they are hardworking). As a result, most would have the commonsense to eat before they turn up.

From your perspective, it also does not make financial sense as you would be blowing off an expensive seat on someone who 1) will not be giving you ang pow and 2) has probably eaten in the first place. I would recommend u allocate the seat to someone else but tip the photographer more (ang pow).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast