Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all Flash expert....

Deregistered

Default Re: Calling all Flash expert....

I don't know bro... when I have the 300d last time, use the 430ex... salesman told me 430 enough liao.... end up, nearly vomit blood... the refresh rate is way too slow....

So, conclusion is to either go down to the shop and try the flash out or borrow from friends to see if it works with you.Mixed comments here suggest this...

Quote Originally Posted by GitS
    sigma flash build quality cannot make it lah....but if thats not an issue and u are an infrequent user, by all means buy it. if u are not using ur flash to earn $, not prudent to spend so much on it yah?
    tats the problem, i dont know if im gonna b using the flash to earn $. at the moment, not tat many jobs to justify an exp flash. but wat if i do nd it in the near future?

ok, so ask yourself wat is it abt the 580 (or the sigma) that u need? high GN? wireless?

Quote Originally Posted by edfck
    cosycatus> bro can the nikon sb28 b use on canon 350d?

del> those r the rich hobits, i'm the poor one...
    yes. it can be used. I've tried it.
    I'm using the 580ex. It's okay, but not fantanstic as the ettl gets fooled easily. the idea is to know when it will get fooled and circumvent it.

Sigma might be a problem because it tries to duplicate the ettl-2. Only that canon did not license out the technology, so they reverse engineered it. If u are taking pictures for fun and ocassionally, its okay. It's not okay when u have to do an event with it and comes back to find the white balance all wrong, pictures underexpose, etc.

Nikon flashes before the Sb800 and Sb600 are all auto flashes. ( if u dunno what an auto flash is, go do a search and read up). Because of this, they dun use the ettl on canon. The result is that things are more predictable..and in your case, a second hand sb28 or sb80, more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus
    yes. it can be used. I've tried it.
    I'm using the 580ex. It's okay, but not fantanstic as the ettl gets fooled easily. the idea is to know when it will get fooled and circumvent it.

Sigma might be a problem because it tries to duplicate the ettl-2. Only that canon did not license out the technology, so they reverse engineered it. If u are taking pictures for fun and ocassionally, its okay. It's not okay when u have to do an event with it and comes back to find the white balance all wrong, pictures underexpose, etc.

Nikon flashes before the Sb800 and Sb600 are all auto flashes. ( if u dunno what an auto flash is, go do a search and read up). Because of this, they dun use the ettl on canon. The result is that things are more predictable..and in your case, a second hand sb28 or sb80, more affordable.
    The SB800 can be used in auto mode also.

I have the sigma but as I dont use or rather not used to using flash, I think it a good buy for me. Those occasional shots I took with it are alright. My latest post is shot with the flash.

http://www.forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=182103

Canon Flash was too expensive for a poor man like me.

Quote Originally Posted by GitS
    ok, so ask yourself wat is it abt the 580 (or the sigma) that u need? high GN? wireless?
    well, basically i'm looking for a flash with 580 functions at the price of sigma. problem is, i'm not sure not reliable or durable sigma flashes. AP advised me against sigma. shd i just wait till i strike 4D n go 4 the 580, or just settle 4 a unsure sigma flash?

Quote Originally Posted by edfck
    well, basically i'm looking for a flash with 580 functions at the price of sigma. problem is, i'm not sure not reliable or durable sigma flashes. AP advised me against sigma. shd i just wait till i strike 4D n go 4 the 580, or just settle 4 a unsure sigma flash?
    If you are unsure, than dont buy...... There is a chance that u will curse and swear after u make the purchase. Since u are unsure, why not wait for a few months, save up the diff than rethink what u want. U dont have to wait till u strike 4D. Leave the price money from striking 4D to buying a pro body, buying a sport car etc.

Mean time, try borrowing the various flashes to try?

why don't consider a used 550EX?

ok... thanx for all the advise, guess i will just wait for a few mths and c how... as 4 2nd hand flash, i wld rather avoid tat option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12