Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should i get the Canon 350D or Nikon D50?

Default Re: Should i get the Canon 350D or Nikon D50?

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Any idea on the latest price of D50? Used to be $1280 a couple of months back, haven't gone down to check out the prices recently.
    Try to save up for the D70s if you are going for Nikon DSLR.

D50 prices is still the same inclusive freebies. Wait for next week when the Digital photo shows starts may be could be offer.

Find the product that all your friends using and can share lenses.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Nikon D70s

I think they're all good cameras with their own bad points. I do think that clean high ISO helps plenty.

Anyway I'd agree, go for the brand which most of your friends use. You'll never know how useful it is to be able to borrow different lenses.

Nikon D50 Value for Money!

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie
    Nikon D50 Value for Money!
    i agree!

megapixels thing is all gimmick.

still remember when those no name brand cameras that offer 5mp emerged in e market, i compared quality, none could compare wif my Nikon Coolpix 2500 (2mp).

anyway back to original topic,

I don't really trust magazine reviews, it might be written by someone who is biased, u'll never know.

Best to trust yourself, like most've suggested, go there and get e feel of it.

IMO, D50's more comfortable and balanced, considering e battery life is much more better too. The controls and buttons are in e right place. I would've gotten a D50 but something held me back. It only has one command dial, which means it's gonna be troublesome if u're playin' ard in manual mode.

D70s then came in perfect. I think newbie or not, u'll mess ard with manual mode eventually. Else y even bother upgrading to DSLR? Might as well use PnS compacts.

Since your budget is under $2k. D70s fits e bill and u'll be getting considerably more than a D50. The lens alone is a better deal. I got mine two weeks ago, been havin' fun wif it ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen
    Anyway I'd agree, go for the brand which most of your friends use. You'll never know how useful it is to be able to borrow different lenses.
    You can always find new friends lol. Just kiddin'..

psst *follow e dark side*

i sold my d70 and got a 350d during may last year. i m very happy with the 350d for its picture quality, size and features. if the d50 was out at the time the choice would be tougher. my opinion is that the canon system is more advanced. i used nikon for more than 10 years.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com
    http://canoncameralover.blogspot.com

with so many differing opinions i think thread starter is in for a hard time.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by honda
    i sold my d70 and got a 350d during may last year. i m very happy with the 350d for its picture quality, size and features. if the d50 was out at the time the choice would be tougher. my opinion is that the canon system is more advanced. i used nikon for more than 10 years.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com
    http://canoncameralover.blogspot.com
    different pple have different taste~ i dont really care la.. as long as the photo comes out the way i wan it.. it's a good camera~

Quote Originally Posted by serial_lain
    with so many differing opinions i think thread starter is in for a hard time.. haha
    That's why those interested should go down to CP, MS, JHN3:16 and etc, to try out both systems before committing to part that hard-earned money. No system in this world is perfect, it's how the user work around the shortcoming of the system and make it powerful.
    Last edited by Moonstone; 3rd March 2006 at 02:19 PM.

I personally would think if you consider Nikon. Go for D70s cos you will regret the missing performance compared to D50

Quote Originally Posted by averyaba
    I personally would think if you consider Nikon. Go for D70s cos you will regret the missing performance compared to D50
    Yes, if able, skip D50 and save up a bit more for D70s. It will worth your money.

Quote Originally Posted by averyaba
    What missing performance are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1
    D50 prices is still the same inclusive freebies. Wait for next week when the Digital photo shows starts may be could be offer.

Find the product that all your friends using and can share lenses.
    Aw shucks.....tot it would have dropped below $1200 by now......

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone
    Yes, if able, skip D50 and save up a bit more for D70s. It will worth your money.
    After reading reviews from Nikon.org and lurking in the Nikon section for a few months, tot the difference is mainly in the kit lens, the 2 dial buttons compared to 1 in D50, DOF preview(but some say u cant really see it through the viewfinder in D70 anyway and the mirror lockup(not sure about this). Price for D50 kit lens is sold about $150 now and D70 kit lens is about $300. Can actually sell the D50 kit (although might not be many buyers?) and buy the D70 kit lens. I might be wrong here but the body of the D50 and D70 is about the same and their sensor is the same?
    Last edited by boroangel; 3rd March 2006 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    After reading reviews from Nikon.org and lurking in the Nikon section for a few months, tot the difference is mainly in the kit lens, the 2 dial buttons compared to 1 in D50, DOF preview(but some say u cant really see it through the viewfinder in D70 anyway and the mirror lockup(not sure about this). Price for D50 kit lens is sold about $150 now and D70 kit lens is about $300. Can actually sell the D50 kit (although might not be many buyers?) and buy the D70 kit lens. I might be wrong here but the body of the D50 and D70 is about the same and their sensor is the same?
    You can read about the different in D50 and D70s over here : http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ni...ew/index.shtml

Yup will be going down to the IT show... BTW whats the different between D70 & D70s?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Wow.. more MP means more quality. Dang... I knew I should have attended a course on photography...
    Huh.....???? u need to attend course one meh?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast