Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Best CRT monitor for editing

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Earth,Heaven and Beyond
    Posts
    1,004

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    I know a place that sells 1 22" Lacie Electron Blue III and 19" Lacie Electron Blue IV respectively, 2nd hand though and price non negotiable. But the color fidelity....fwohh....

    the 19"'s around a year plus

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    so any good new CRT to recommend??
    any good and cheap CRT to recommend and where to get one?

  3. #63
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    not cheap but one of the best, designed for correct colour

    http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10503

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    not cheap but one of the best, designed for correct colour

    http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10503
    thanks for sharing.... but it's a LCD and it's definitely not cheap...

    So no one using a CRT now? or any using a 24bit 17' LCD to recommend....

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    any good and cheap CRT to recommend and where to get one?
    I bought 2nd hand 19" P-series Viewsonic for $100 and calibrated it with Monaco Optix XR. Got 1.2 average delta-E which is very good

    It is becoming harder and harder to get a descent quality brand new CRT. Go for LCD if you don't like 2nd hand. Storage Studio has nice Eizo S2110W-BK LCD panels for just $1,699.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitz
    I bought 2nd hand 19" P-series Viewsonic for $100 and calibrated it with Monaco Optix XR. Got 1.2 average delta-E which is very good

    It is becoming harder and harder to get a descent quality brand new CRT. Go for LCD if you don't like 2nd hand. Storage Studio has nice Eizo S2110W-BK LCD panels for just $1,699.
    just $1699...

  7. #67

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    As recommended to snowcrash ... IMHO, the CRT with sony trinitron tube. Still better image and color production as compare to LCD - especially when calibrated. Many publishing firms are still using these monitor i was told ...
    Last edited by kenrai; 4th July 2006 at 12:49 PM.

  8. #68
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    thanks for sharing.... but it's a LCD and it's definitely not cheap...

    So no one using a CRT now? or any using a 24bit 17' LCD to recommend....
    I am using an old Radius Pressview 21"

    you can try to look for 2nd hand Barco CRT Monitors, also designed for the prepress industry
    self calibrating you know
    Last edited by ortega; 4th July 2006 at 12:32 PM.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: Best CRT monitor for editing

    seems like times have move on to LCD.... was trying to look for cheap 1st hand 19' monitor...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •