Thread: Half Frame Cameras

Default Half Frame Cameras

Does anyone knows wether any labs here does film processing for half frame cameras?

Thanks

Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by jeagga
    Does anyone knows wether any labs here does film processing for half frame cameras?

Thanks
    Half frame?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Deregistered

Haven't seen one of these in a long time, not too sure which lab does it though.

does it matter? it's not as though it's a special film, it goes through the same dip & dunk process as full 35mm.

some of you never hear of right?

instead of a roll of 36 frames, it can shoot 72 frames.

Processing the film or negatives just like normal, but they need a half frame negative carrier to make print from the neg. you need to check out from the labs, very rare nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    some of you never hear of right?

instead of a roll of 36 frames, it can shoot 72 frames.

Processing the film or negatives just like normal, but they need a half frame negative carrier to make print from the neg. you need to check out from the labs, very rare nowadays.
    Interesting...that's something new i've learnt today.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Exactly what I was afraid of. Getting labs to process half frame film is very rare. I just shot a roll on my Olympus Pen and I'm dying to see how it turns out.

Exactly what I was afraid of. Getting labs to process half frame film is very rare. I just shot a roll on my Olympus Pen and I'm dying to see how it turns out.
    eh, like catchlights have pointed out, FILM PROCESS is not a problem. for prints, at least u can still get them/some scanned then printed.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    eh, like catchlights have pointed out, FILM PROCESS is not a problem. for prints, at least u can still get them/some scanned then printed.
    Now I got it. Process as per normal, scanned the negs and print from the digital files. It should work I think.

Thanks all.

Deregistered

That's one way.

Thanks
    Still 35mm film right? Any lab should be able to do it. Then after that they will get a shock when they see there are 70+ pictures on that roll and won't know what to do.. Worse come to worse get them to print 2 frames in 1.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    Still 35mm film right? Any lab should be able to do it. Then after that they will get a shock when they see there are 70+ pictures on that roll and won't know what to do.. Worse come to worse get them to print 2 frames in 1.
    yep 35mm film. print 2 frames in 1....thats quite a neat idea. like a half lomo sampler..

You could also print bigger say 5R (2in1) and then cut