Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Half Frame Cameras

  1. #1

    Default Half Frame Cameras

    Does anyone knows wether any labs here does film processing for half frame cameras?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by jeagga
    Does anyone knows wether any labs here does film processing for half frame cameras?

    Thanks
    Half frame?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Haven't seen one of these in a long time, not too sure which lab does it though.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    does it matter? it's not as though it's a special film, it goes through the same dip & dunk process as full 35mm.

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    some of you never hear of right?

    instead of a roll of 36 frames, it can shoot 72 frames.

    Processing the film or negatives just like normal, but they need a half frame negative carrier to make print from the neg. you need to check out from the labs, very rare nowadays.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    some of you never hear of right?

    instead of a roll of 36 frames, it can shoot 72 frames.

    Processing the film or negatives just like normal, but they need a half frame negative carrier to make print from the neg. you need to check out from the labs, very rare nowadays.
    Interesting...that's something new i've learnt today.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Exactly what I was afraid of. Getting labs to process half frame film is very rare. I just shot a roll on my Olympus Pen and I'm dying to see how it turns out.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by jeagga
    Exactly what I was afraid of. Getting labs to process half frame film is very rare. I just shot a roll on my Olympus Pen and I'm dying to see how it turns out.
    eh, like catchlights have pointed out, FILM PROCESS is not a problem. for prints, at least u can still get them/some scanned then printed.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    eh, like catchlights have pointed out, FILM PROCESS is not a problem. for prints, at least u can still get them/some scanned then printed.
    Now I got it. Process as per normal, scanned the negs and print from the digital files. It should work I think.

    Thanks all.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    That's one way.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by jeagga
    Does anyone knows wether any labs here does film processing for half frame cameras?

    Thanks
    Still 35mm film right? Any lab should be able to do it. Then after that they will get a shock when they see there are 70+ pictures on that roll and won't know what to do.. Worse come to worse get them to print 2 frames in 1.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    Still 35mm film right? Any lab should be able to do it. Then after that they will get a shock when they see there are 70+ pictures on that roll and won't know what to do.. Worse come to worse get them to print 2 frames in 1.
    yep 35mm film. print 2 frames in 1....thats quite a neat idea. like a half lomo sampler..

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    on the roads out there
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Half Frame Cameras

    You could also print bigger say 5R (2in1) and then cut

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •