Thread: Full Press Focus

Default Full Press Focus

If I were not to prefocus, and just fully depress the shutter, will the camera attempt to autofocus? I think I asked this before without getting definite answers, or I can't remember too well. And I tried searching the threads already but didn't manage to find it.

So someone please enlighten me regarding my question.

Deregistered

Default Re: Full Press Focus

Why don't you just try it on your camera and then tell us? It would be faster

Quote Originally Posted by megascriler
    If I were not to prefocus, and just fully depress the shutter, will the camera attempt to autofocus? I think I asked this before without getting definite answers, or I can't remember too well. And I tried searching the threads already but didn't manage to find it.

So someone please enlighten me regarding my question.
    I tried b4 but it doesn't seem to work in AF mode as you will still trigger the AF sensor to work, unless you do it in MF mode.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    I tried b4 but it doesn't seem to work in AF mode as you will still trigger the AF sensor to work, unless you do it in MF mode.
    You got the answer already.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You got the answer already.
    Well glad to be of help
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Ha thanx, so what is the point of prefocusing then? Purely for the readiness?

Quote Originally Posted by megascriler
    Ha thanx, so what is the point of prefocusing then? Purely for the readiness?
    Yupz...very useful especially when capturing shots which can be unpredictable.

If your AF ststem is not fast enough to track a subject the best way is to prefocus to a certian 'spot' and wait for your subject to enter that 'zone' i use this quite alot when photographing animals
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    If your AF ststem is not fast enough to track a subject the best way is to prefocus to a certian 'spot' and wait for your subject to enter that 'zone' i use this quite alot when photographing animals
    Gd explanation