Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour Itinerary for the United States

vince123123
    Guests

Default Tour Itinerary for the United States

Hi guys,

I plan to visit the United States for a tour getaway in June and am now currently planning an itinerary. Would appreciate any suggestions on where to go, where to stay, and how to get around from place to place.

The parameters are:

1. Theme Parks - Theme parks are high on the list of places to go
    2. Shopping - Shopping is the next highest on the list
    3. Any other fun stuffs.
    3. Hotels - Suggestions on hotels will be good - price is not really a factor, but extravagance is not necessary also - comfortable is good.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Tour Itinerary for the United States

USA is a big country! Just San Francisco and Bay area and Las Vegas will already take you 1 week, plus the flying time, and jet leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    USA is a big country! Just San Francisco and Bay area and Las Vegas will already take you 1 week, plus the flying time, and jet leg.

I agree with Astin....any preferred state ? we can then advise you accordingly

vince123123
    Guests

Actually I don't have preferred state - although I gathered so far that the good theme parks to go to are in LA, Universal Studios and Disneyland? Maybe somewhere there for a start.

vince123123
    Guests

Just to add on, I hope to be able to pass by B&H and I think they are in New York...so maybe have to adjust plans a bit...hmm....

Sorry if this sounds newbie, but my knowledge of US is quite zero :P

For shopping, do try to visit factory outlets, branded goods at discount price!

For theme park......it has to be Orlando or LA....maybe you can focus on these two.....For shopping....almost every major City in US has outlets and malls to buy thing....so I don't think it will be an issue....

As for B&H......NY is in east coast.....so depending on your carrier....but I think Orlando will make more sense since you have to make connecting flight anyway....but 1 week is a bit too short....2 weeks is OK for two City but 3 weeks will be ideal....but your wallet will also

Btw Disney and Universal are just the two brand that we heard most.....if you are adventures.....can try out six flags (plenty of information in their homepage)....this is for hardcore rollercoaster fan

Ok, for layman, USA west coast got San Francisco & Los Angeles, etc, east coast got New York & Washington, etc, on the north got Chicago, and then down the south got Houston, and I forgot where is New Orleans, other scenic places are the Grand Canyon, the various National Parks, and all USA major cities got big shopping malls, u can buy anything u want except cameras. For some unknown reasons there are not many camera shops inside the malls. B&H is in New York (East Coast). U will need a few years to take them all!

I think California is the best bet with lots of good theme parks and factory outlets. Don't be greedy and try to do East & West coast. Yeah, six flags received quite good feedback... and if you do get sick of it (what? in 2 weeks?), there're plenty of scenics around too!

The only place to go...Las Vegas baby!!
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

vince123123
    Guests

Hi guys, thanks for all the valuable input.

Originally I thought of going to the West Coast side for Disneyland and Universal Studios.

Then I found out that Orlando also has Disneyland and Universal Studios!

Assuming they are the same and comparable (please tell me if they are not), it looks like its either West Coast for Las Vegas or East Coast for B&H. I'm tending to stick with East Coast for B&H though.

So far, I'm thinking of staying at the Royal Pacific Resort inside the Orlando Universal Studios, then later maybe go to some other outside hotel to do the sightsee the rest of orlando and maybe disneyland. Still wondering how to put B&H inside the trip...

I hope to be able to do as little hotel moving as possible....dont like to pack n unpack :P

Any further help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Hi guys, thanks for all the valuable input.

Originally I thought of going to the West Coast side for Disneyland and Universal Studios.

Assuming they are the same and comparable (please tell me if they are not), it looks like its either West Coast for Las Vegas or East Coast for B&H. I'm tending to stick with East Coast for B&H though.

So far, I'm thinking of staying at the Royal Pacific Resort inside the Orlando Universal Studios, then later maybe go to some other outside hotel to do the sightsee the rest of orlando and maybe disneyland. Still wondering how to put B&H inside the trip...

I hope to be able to do as little hotel moving as possible....dont like to pack n unpack :P

Any further help would be appreciated.
    Look for your stuff on the internet and have them sent to your hotel..solves your problems. San Frans is boring to me, LA quite happening (Disneyland and Uni studio there)and u can drive up to Las Vegas is about 4-5 Hrs. (These 2 places are favorite) ...and if you prefer quite, serene areas with beautiful landscape,...there's always brokeback mountain to consider..
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

if drive, try

a. LA - 6 flags, universal studios, disneyland
    b. barslow (factory outlet)
    b. LV
    c. grand canyon
    d. yosemite park
    e. san fran

Why don't u take a flight to the east coast? then take a train and go from the top to the bottom

lets suggest more and confuse him haha.
    vince u can fly to San Francisco, rent a car then drive down to LA, then drive up to LV and Grand Canyon, if after all these still got time, u can fly to New York and do the city tour, plus buy some goodies at B&H, then fly from New York back to Singapore.

vince123123
    Guests

piang, ask for help and kena confused.

Anyway, I'm also trying to avoid driving and flying around too much if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    lets suggest more and confuse him haha.
    vince u can fly to San Francisco, rent a car then drive down to LA, then drive up to LV and Grand Canyon, if after all these still got time, u can fly to New York and do the city tour, plus buy some goodies at B&H, then fly from New York back to Singapore.

Assuming they are the same and comparable (please tell me if they are not), it looks like its either West Coast for Las Vegas or East Coast for B&H. I'm tending to stick with East Coast for B&H though. .
    They are not quite the same in term of size.....example LA's Disneyland and universal studio basically you can complete them in 1 day each.....the Disney World abd Univesal is much larger in Orlando....for example you need 1 day each for Disney World's Epcop, Magic Kingdom, MGM studio and Animal Kingdom....you will also need Univesal's Adventure Island and Universal Studio.....If you want the up most fun for you vacantion.....Orlando should be the place to go...it's known as the Mecca of theme parks

Staying in the parks' hotel will be nice if you can affort it, if not there are many neighbourhood inns offering more cost effective and reasonable comfort lodging....I can share with you more if you are interested in those

piang, ask for help and kena confused.

Anyway, I'm also trying to avoid driving and flying around too much if possible.
    u can also look up for the famous Route 66, the drive will take u about a week, drive across many (6 or 7?) famous states.

vince123123
    Guests

Ah the Mecca of theme parks - that certainly sounds like what I'm looking for - and also encouraged that you are telling me that Orlando's parks are even better than those in LA.

I'm ok staying in the Park's Hotels for the duration of the time I'd be in the Parks, but I think I'd prob want to move to somewhere cheaper for the remainer of the trip -do you know what's there to do in Orlando?

Also, how much are we talking about for these inns? Any website links to show how it looks like on the inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    They are not quite the same in term of size.....example LA's Disneyland and universal studio basically you can complete them in 1 day each.....the Disney World abd Univesal is much larger in Orlando....for example you need 1 day each for Disney World's Epcop, Magic Kingdom, MGM studio and Animal Kingdom....you will also need Univesal's Adventure Island and Universal Studio.....If you want the up most fun for you vacantion.....Orlando should be the place to go...it's known as the Mecca of theme parks

Staying in the parks' hotel will be nice if you can affort it, if not there are many neighbourhood inns offering more cost effective and reasonable comfort lodging....I can share with you more if you are interested in those

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast