Thread: Prepare photos for web posting

Default Prepare photos for web posting

Hi guys,

Can share how you guys prepare your images for posting here with minimal loss of image quality. I am using ps6.

Tks.

Just do all your requisite editing and finish off with "save for the web". It generates acceptably small filesizes with minimal loss.

The "Save for the web" feature is really like a life saviour.

Falcon, you might want to record some actions to set the size, usm, save for web etc, to automate your task.

Din know abt the save for web feature. Normally I resize the image and then use Save as and select 8 for quality to keep the size of the photo down. Any addition things to take note when using the save for web feature?

Do u guys do the resizing part at the save for web feature as well?

Originally posted by Falcon
    Do u guys do the resizing part at the save for web feature as well?
    Er... I'll resize first, complete every editing, before I click on the save for web button.

So far i've always used the following article to downsize and downsample my pictures. Never use the save for web option. Sharpening and downsampling

Hi derrick

I cannot access the link.

Originally posted by Derrick
    So far i've always used the following article to downsize and downsample my pictures. Never use the save for web option. Sharpening and downsampling

Still cannot? For me okay leh. Maybe the site was down when you tried? Try using IE instead of Netscape.

Originally posted by Falcon
    Hi derrick

I cannot access the link.