Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beepity Beepity Beep...

Default Re: Beepity Beepity Beep...

I would first test the RAMs by using two at a time. If it runs fine with one particular configuration, then you've nailed the problem.

My guess, though, is that the motherboard is giving up the ghost. Would suggest bringing it down to the motherboard manufacturer who will test it and exchange or repair it if under warranty.

CPU's seldom fail.

The other possibility is the power supply, but you can easily test this by swapping boards or casings.

vince123123
    Guests

I had a similar problem before, and it turns out, one of the catches on the heat sink has broken, resulting in bad contact between the CPU and the heat sink.

Replacing the Heat Sink & Fan solved the problem - the reason why the CPU shuts down and you get hanging is cos your CPU is overheating.

Electronic part will generate a frequency that at normal a person could hardly hear.

You can see some of the power supply or other electronic part that state -- low noise-- or at xx dB(sound unit) etc..

There are too many components in your computer that may cause the problem...

I suggest you to take step by step in order to narrow down which component that is at fault.

Hard disk and the cooling fans is another factors.. esp the ventilation not do it well, some fans may have AI to detect the temp if the temp is too high, it will spin faster (=more noise).

or Motor too old is possible too. try to put some lubricant at the fans' motor..

You can try to boot up with the minimum config in order to find out...

Hope this will help..

Your video card is not sitting properly or is going to die. RAM problems show up at POST. Vid cards can work for a while and give u the no synch error.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
    Your video card is not sitting properly or is going to die. RAM problems show up at POST. Vid cards can work for a while and give u the no synch error.
    Strangely enough... It was the key board that was causing the problem ( i think... )

Changed a new keyboard and it seems fine at the moment. I've also removed my 2 sticks of 512. Hopefully when the system seems more stable, then i'll fix the ram in once more to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers everyone for all your responses and PMs.

Many thanks.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12