Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking good advices on Tripod

Deregistered

Default Re: Seeking good advices on Tripod

Quote Originally Posted by BreakThru
    Wow... so it will be 650 to 750 bucks... Hmm... does anyone know where I can get the tech specs of this Gitzo 1258? how light is it actually compare to others? Oh btw, this Gitzo tripod has a head attached? sorry for my question if it sound green... newbie here...
    You newbie my FOOT

Yeah, the 1258 would cost around $800 thereabouts. I know TK Foto has 1 piece or two.

It's actually pretty light but light is subjective and would depend a lot on your own definition, go try it out. I can carry the 1277 (predecessor of 1257) around in Japan and don't feel anything, don't think it's brother - 1258 will be any different. Even using a Gitzo bag or hand carry, it doesn't strain my arms at all. I'm a sucker for light weight tripods

The tripods talked about so far - Manfrotto 190, 055, Gtizo 1227, 1228, 1257, 1258 all doesn't come with ballhead.

The Kangrinpoche that most recommend will set you back easily by another $500+, making it a grand total of 1.3K+ should you decide 1257/1258 + Kangrinpoche ballhead.

Anyone knows how much is the 1258?

1.3K+! way off...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    The Kangrinpoche that most recommend will set you back easily by another $500+, making it a grand total of 1.3K+ should you decide 1257/1258 + Kangrinpoche ballhead.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by imar
    Anyone knows how much is the 1258?
    Scroll back, I gave a simple estimate of the price back a post or two.

Deregistered

1.3K+! way off...
    Yup, that's the price to pay for light + decent setup.

If you want a decent setup, minus not that heavy, you can opt for the 055 MF + Manfrotto ballhead. Should set your budget just nice.

Thats a considerable amt
    was thinking of the 1258 to replace my 1128...not thinking already

Oh I see.. thanks.

So this 055 MF have to go with which ballhead?

Could you give an estimate of the weight? much appreciated.

Yup, that's the price to pay for light + decent setup.

If you want a decent setup, minus not that heavy, you can opt for the 055 MF + Manfrotto ballhead. Should set your budget just nice.

Deregistered

Oh I see.. thanks.

So this 055 MF have to go with which ballhead?

Could you give an estimate of the weight? much appreciated.
    I don't know about the weight, ask acidbyte, he's using the 055 MF. As for the head to go along with it, maybe the 488 RC2 would be nice.

Actually, you should consider buying a good large ball head, the best you can afford....
    my mistake was that i bought 2 or 3 cheaper lighter small ballheads and as my lens grew, the ballhead also grew, so finally i got a manfrotto super ballhead ( payload 12kg ) about 2 years ago and since i had not change that ball head.

Also consider buying the best light large ball like acratech ultimate ball, as my superball weighs 2.5 kg...and as i am still stronge and i am able to yank it around. but i did wish to get an light Ultimate ballhead eventually....and adding all the ballheads i bought, i should have enough to buy a good used acratech Ultimate ballhead by now...

i used a d70 and 80-200 single touch nikon lens...sometimes i also use my superball to carry a mewlon cassagrain ( telescope ) too....that weighs about 10kg. One time i used a 300 f4 and it is rock stable without creep. i have not tried 600mm though....

my tripod is a manfrotto 055pro...and it works fine and able to carry anything you can lift on to it..

i hope this advice help...

Thanks for your advice. It sure is welcome.

Oh, forgot to ask how much is this superball head and this acratech Ultimate ballhead? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wucy24
    Actually, you should consider buying a good large ball head, the best you can afford....
    my mistake was that i bought 2 or 3 cheaper lighter small ballheads and as my lens grew, the ballhead also grew, so finally i got a manfrotto super ballhead ( payload 12kg ) about 2 years ago and since i had not change that ball head.

Also consider buying the best light large ball like acratech ultimate ball, as my superball weighs 2.5 kg...and as i am still stronge and i am able to yank it around. but i did wish to get an light Ultimate ballhead eventually....and adding all the ballheads i bought, i should have enough to buy a good used acratech Ultimate ballhead by now...

i used a d70 and 80-200 single touch nikon lens...sometimes i also use my superball to carry a mewlon cassagrain ( telescope ) too....that weighs about 10kg. One time i used a 300 f4 and it is rock stable without creep. i have not tried 600mm though....

my tripod is a manfrotto 055pro...and it works fine and able to carry anything you can lift on to it..

i hope this advice help...
    Last edited by BreakThru; 27th February 2006 at 05:13 PM.

Deregistered

Oh, forgot to ask how much is this superball head and this acratech Ultimate ballhead? thanks.
    AUB is about the same or more than Markin's M10 & Kangrinpoche. Oh yeah, body, len plate sold seperately hor.
    Last edited by espn; 27th February 2006 at 05:20 PM.

i bought the manfrotto 268 ( bogen 3038) superball from cp 2 about $280-$300 about 2 years back, it wasthe cheapest largest ball around. used now about $200 i think.

an acratech ultimate ball is about $800 with the quick release plate ( new ) used about $500?

Foba ball is slight heavier, but very good ballhead technology...secret cp is selling one @ half price that come with a quick release plate. ( $ 400 ).

all other smaller ballheads is below $100.
    Last edited by wucy24; 27th February 2006 at 09:59 PM.

Wow... so it will be 650 to 750 bucks... Hmm... does anyone know where I can get the tech specs of this Gitzo 1258? how light is it actually compare to others? Oh btw, this Gitzo tripod has a head attached? sorry for my question if it sound green... newbie here...
    www.gitzo.fr

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon

Ok... uhh, where can I get a used one? Thanks

i bought the manfrotto 268 ( bogen 3038) superball from cp 2 about $280-$300 about 2 years back, it wasthe cheapest largest ball around. used now about $200 i think.

an acratech ulimate ball is about $800 with the quick release plate ( new ) used about $500?

Foba ball is slight heavier, but very good ballhead technology...secret cp is selling one @ half price that come with a quick release plate. ( $ 400 ).

all other smaller ballheads is below $100.

Hmm... looks like can't escape the 1K ++ fate.. guess it might be cheaper to join a gym to pump up the muscles...

AUB is about the same or more than Markin's M10 & Kangrinpoche. Oh yeah, body, len plate sold seperately hor.

Deregistered

Hmm... looks like can't escape the 1K ++ fate.. guess it might be cheaper to join a gym to pump up the muscles...
    Alternatively, you can just BUY BUY BUY you know?

The cheapest place for used photograph equipment?
    Trawl the buy and sell section of clubsnap...if you are lucky and fast, you will get what you want at the price you want to pay.

Oh i see... thought there are second hand shops ard... Hmm... maybe can try cash convertor.

The cheapest place for used photograph equipment?
    Trawl the buy and sell section of clubsnap...if you are lucky and fast, you will get what you want at the price you want to pay.

Read...

http://www.bythom.com/support.htm

... then just BUY BUY BUY ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast