Thread: Palm TX or Ipaq 1950?

Default Palm TX or Ipaq 1950?

I was previously using a zire 71 till it died on me after 2 years. I am thinking of getting a replacement.

Looking at the above 2 models as they are similarly priced. $499 for the TX and $479 for the Ipaq 1950.

As i was previously using a palm, i am more inclined towards the plam. However, i am concerned about the durabilty issues. Is the lifespan of a palm meant to be that short? Also, pocket pc seems to be more of the popular choice these days. Afraid to be stuck with a fading brand.

Anyone using any of the above models and have anything to share?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Palm TX or Ipaq 1950?

Frankly, go with what you're used to. Why bother with all the concerns of which being popular? The most important thing about any handheld device is the convenience it'll bring you, and not the inconvenience of you having to grow use to it.

If you really want to go with what's popular, then give up on both the palm and ipaq, and enormously popular pocket pc-phone. They are fast rendering the existence of palm-tops obsolete.

Default Re: Palm TX or Ipaq 1950?

Not concerned with being popular parse. Rather i am hoping to hear from both palm TX and Ipaq 1950 users to find out the pros and cons about the different pdas. Especially since i have been using a palm system all along. However, since there is a sizable no. ipaq users out there, i feel that it is worth the while to hear what the pocket pc people have to say.