Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Those TINY shots of flies...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default Those TINY shots of flies...

    Is it possible for people using film cameras to obtain shots of the legs of houseflies, dragonflies...etc? (plus the leg hair, of course. ) If so, how?!!

    On this website, all such pictures are usually done with digital camera.

    Please don't prove my father right; that film cameras are dying out and I made a mistake by buying my film camera because I can't take really really small macro shots. I'll die.

    I love my Canon EOS66.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Those TINY shots of flies...

    Originally posted by Poledra
    Is it possible for people using film cameras to obtain shots of the legs of houseflies, dragonflies...etc? (plus the leg hair, of course. ) If so, how?!!

    On this website, all such pictures are usually done with digital camera.

    Please don't prove my father right; that film cameras are dying out and I made a mistake by buying my film camera because I can't take really really small macro shots. I'll die.

    I love my Canon EOS66.
    of course u can... get a macro lens and ext tube.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Those TINY shots of flies...

    Originally posted by Poledra
    Is it possible for people using film cameras to obtain shots of the legs of houseflies, dragonflies...etc? (plus the leg hair, of course. ) If so, how?!!

    On this website, all such pictures are usually done with digital camera.

    Please don't prove my father right; that film cameras are dying out and I made a mistake by buying my film camera because I can't take really really small macro shots. I'll die.

    I love my Canon EOS66.
    A old uncle gave me some pointers taking dragonflies with me last Sat. His film camera and macro lens combo were definitely more powerful and flexible than my closeup lens.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: Re: Those TINY shots of flies...

    Originally posted by binbeto


    of course u can... get a macro lens and ext tube.
    Okay.... What does an ext tube look like?
    I have a macro lens but it doesn't seem to be powerful enough. It's a 80mm one.
    Looks I have to get my telephoto lens first.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Re: Re: Those TINY shots of flies...

    Originally posted by Poledra


    Okay.... What does an ext tube look like?
    I have a macro lens but it doesn't seem to be powerful enough. It's a 80mm one.
    Looks I have to get my telephoto lens first.
    Some macro lens might not be true macro. True macro lens at least have 1:1 magification.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Re: Re: Those TINY shots of flies...

    Originally posted by Poledra


    Okay.... What does an ext tube look like?
    I have a macro lens but it doesn't seem to be powerful enough. It's a 80mm one.
    Looks I have to get my telephoto lens first.
    An ext tube look like a TC w/o the glass inside. For better result, a close-up filter shld be used.

    Another way is to invert a 50mm len. Ask Megaweb abt it..

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Re: Re: Those TINY shots of flies...

    Originally posted by Poledra


    Okay.... What does an ext tube look like?
    I have a macro lens but it doesn't seem to be powerful enough. It's a 80mm one.
    Looks I have to get my telephoto lens first.
    Extension tube is a hollow thing that sit bet ur lens and the body.. it's to reduce the minimal focus length of the length so that u can focus nearer.

    At less u know there is extension tube and macro lens. There is close-up filter too...

    Search the net for their function.

  8. #8

    Default

    Actually, your dad's right. The smaller CCDs of the consumer digital cameras make it far easier to take close ups.

    That said, what lenses do you have?
    Last edited by YSLee; 25th November 2002 at 12:00 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee
    Actually, your dad's right. The smaller CCDs of the consumer film cameras make it far easier to take close ups.

    That said, what lenses do you have?
    The CCDs of a consumer film cameras?

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by binbeto


    The CCDs of a consumer film cameras?
    Oh man.. what a typo.. -_-;

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee
    Actually, your dad's right. The smaller CCDs of the consumer film cameras make it far easier to take close ups.

    That said, what lenses do you have?
    Only one lens. Just bought my camera. It's a Sigma 28-80mm with macro function at 80mm.

    Yeah.... What's a ..... CCD? Consumer digital cameras? Are you talking about point and shoot digital cameras?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee


    Oh man.. what a typo.. -_-;
    Hee hee.. it's ok..

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by Poledra


    Only one lens. Just bought my camera. It's a Sigma 28-80mm with macro function at 80mm.

    Yeah.... What's a ..... CCD? Consumer film cameras? Are you talking about point and shoot cameras?
    Ignor the CCD part..
    He exam stressed!

    come to think of it.. why is he not studying?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Wah.. Now bimbo is damn confused. After the ext tube and 'true' macro lens part, that is. You think someone can bring the ext tube next SEED? To let me see how it ACTUALLY looks like.....

    If I can get time off my Christmas play to come, that is.

    (What the H**L was YSLee trying to say anyways?)

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by Poledra
    Wah.. Now bimbo is damn confused. After the ext tube and 'true' macro lens part, that is. You think someone can bring the ext tube next SEED? To let me see how it ACTUALLY looks like.....

    If I can get time off my Christmas play to come, that is.

    (What the H**L was YSLee trying to say anyways?)
    sure I can bring..but that is if I'm going......


    And ignore YS.....

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: Re: Those TINY shots of flies...

    Originally posted by xdivider


    A old uncle gave me some pointers taking dragonflies with me last Sat. His film camera and macro lens combo were definitely more powerful and flexible than my closeup lens.
    I wonder... If you did see what kind of macro lens he was using.....

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by Poledra
    Wah.. Now bimbo is damn confused. After the ext tube and 'true' macro lens part, that is. You think someone can bring the ext tube next SEED? To let me see how it ACTUALLY looks like.....

    If I can get time off my Christmas play to come, that is.

    (What the H**L was YSLee trying to say anyways?)
    Do a search on yahoo... Search using "macro photography" "extension tube".

    Should be able to find answer there.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    sure I can bring..but that is if I'm going......


    And ignore YS.....
    Can PM me if you're going? I have to 'take leave' from the teacher in charge. Difficult lah. The last time I did to go for a guitar lesson, she almost glared at me...

  19. #19

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike

    Ignor the CCD part..
    He exam stressed!

    come to think of it.. why is he not studying?
    Tom, if you continue to discredit me...

    The smaller size of the imaging sensor of the consumer digitals means that you get a great depth of field when shooting at compartively large apertures. It makes lighting a bit easier to work with.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by binbeto


    Do a search on yahoo... Search using "macro photography" "extension tube".

    Should be able to find answer there.
    Ah... Now bimbo knows how it looks like.... But so many different ones to choose from!! It's worse than shopping for clothes, I swear.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •